• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Soldato
Caporegime
Wait what?

Please don't tell me some one such as yourself who is so deliciously suspicious and critical took the green bait?

I already knew what I'd gotten myself into though.
However, PSP emulation is a lot better on Nvidia than AMD GPU's, that's not an opinion, but rather documented by the developers.

I didn't take the green bait, the 7970/7950/GTX680 all OC'ed to their max will all play games for pretty much the same time.

Soldato
I already knew what I'd gotten myself into though.
However, PSP emulation is a lot better on Nvidia than AMD GPU's, that's not an opinion, but rather documented by the developers.

I didn't take the green bait, the 7970/7950/GTX680 all OC'ed to their max will all play games for pretty much the same time.

At least you can admit theres not much difference. I take it you never lost out much on your 7950.

Caporegime
At least you can admit theres not much difference. I take it you never lost out much on your 7950.

40 quid, it's actually pretty annoying, the PCS+ launched at 380, I paid 390 delivered for my 680.

I'm going to do a fully comparative test of the 680 and 7950.
Although, I'm a little stumped with Heaven Benchmark, I always run Afterburner to display clocks, with AVP, my core speed was as expected, Heaven? 706MHZ.

Drivers will likely separate the two cards, and their optimisations and their settings, I haven't had a play with FXAA or this TXAA yet.

Soldato
40 quid, it's actually pretty annoying, the PCS+ launched at 380, I paid 390 delivered for my 680.

I'm going to do a fully comparative test of the 680 and 7950.
Although, I'm a little stumped with Heaven Benchmark, I always run Afterburner to display clocks, with AVP, my core speed was as expected, Heaven? 706MHZ.

Drivers will likely separate the two cards, and their optimisations and their settings, I haven't had a play with FXAA or this TXAA yet.

Nice price on the gtx680. Txaa seems like a nice addition. If its as good as nv say then amd will need to introduce there own.

tbh

tbh

Associate
It seems Nvidia is not very happy with TSMC:

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...y-with-tsmc-claims-22nm-essentially-worthless

It does seem that 28NM wafers are relatively expensive,and the smaller dies have been negated by the cost increases. It also seems that both 20NM and 14NM will cost even more than 28NM.

Interesting article, thanks for the link.

It looks like the "golden age" of GPUs is well and truly behind us, and barring any revolutionary breakthroughs we will have to get used to incrementally smaller increases in performance with every future generation; this new generation of chips is testament to this, both in performance and (unfortunately) in pricing.

I do find it interesting that nVidia have decided to openly criticise TSMC again however; one would suggest that if they are so unhappy with their current partner then they are free to pursue other alternatives such as... um, GloFab? Except they seem to be having plenty of problems of their own. Maybe nVidia should keep its collective mouth shut, TSMC may currently need them as much as they need it but if Apple decide to move more of their business from Samsung to TSMC then that could easily change and nVidia could find themselves out in the cold and their high end wafer allocation slashed.

Last edited:
Associate

In the network, the first photos allegedly showing the GeForce GTX 690, which will be a response to the upcoming Radeon HD 7990. Both graphics cards have one thing - the use of two chips on one PCB. With GeForce GTX 690 we expect the duo aka GK104 Kepler made ​​in 28 nm process technology - below you can see the faint pattern of PCB. In fact, we're not sure whether it genuine photographs, but since the dual-processor monster premiere is planned for May of this year, the engineering version must already exist. Two cores GK104 combines NVIDIA NF200 bridge, while the GeForce GTX 690 will receive a 3072 CUDA processors, 256 texture units and 64 units rasteryzujące. The amount of memory will likely come in 4 GB of GDDR5 (2x 256-bit), while the HD 7990 GDDR5 offers 6GB (2x 384-bit).

Powered GeForce GTX 690 will take a 5-phase power section, and to feed this giant requires two 8-pin plug (TDP ~ 300W). The rear bracket you'll find two DVI, one HDMI and DisplayPort, and on the back of a not run SLI connector. Expected price is not yet known, but less than 3000 zł rather not go down (~ 800 USD).

Permabanned
Well, gtx 680's to go to 1400mhz, sort of finishes the which card will be the fasted argument, along with new geforce drivers, there is no stopping it now, come on you reds....defect to green, you know it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom