• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Associate
just a thought when the 7970 came out everyone was saying that what ever performance it has once the drivers have matured it will gain another 5-10% but no one has mentioned this so far for the GTX680 im curious as to why? is it because nvidia drivers will be better from the start? and will we see an increase in about 5-10% once drivers have matured for the 680?

Man of Honour
just a thought when the 7970 came out everyone was saying that what ever performance it has once the drivers have matured it will gain another 5-10% but no one has mentioned this so far for the GTX680 im curious as to why? is it because nvidia drivers will be better from the start? and will we see an increase in about 5-10% once drivers have matured for the 680?

Picture a whole room full packed with people, half of them have green t-shirts on and half of them have red t-shirts on, all of them have tinfoil helmets on and all of them have their fingers in their ears and are shouting "LALALALALALALA!"

Then you will understand whats going on a bit more :)

Caporegime
Picture a whole room full packed with people, half of them have green t-shirts on and half of them have red t-shirts on, all of them have tinfoil helmets on and all of them have their fingers in their ears and are shouting "LALALALALALALA!"

Then you will understand whats going on a bit more :)

The Twilight Zone?

Associate
..so many people talking about Nvidia's real High end card, but will it be a single gpu or the dual one?

and when is it likely they will release it... i'd hate to buy something within the couple weeks (assuming a price drop comes) and then a month later something new is released..

confuuuuuuuuuused

Soldato
..so many people talking about Nvidia's real High end card, but will it be a single gpu or the dual one?

and when is it likely they will release it... i'd hate to buy something within the couple weeks (assuming a price drop comes) and then a month later something new is released..

confuuuuuuuuuused

Sure that's graphics card every year. Buy the best you can when you need it really.

Otherwise we're always waiting for that next graphics card.

Associate
So does the 680 have Dx11.1 then? sorry if its been discussed already, ive missed the last 20 pages now, to many posts for me to read now lol

Soldato
So does the 680 have Dx11.1 then? sorry if its been discussed already, ive missed the last 20 pages now, to many posts for me to read now lol

Yes. And the chances are that every DX11 card will be able to run DX11.1

It's just another pathetic attempt at making you think your card is worthless so you have to buy a new one.

Associate
Yes it's DX11.1...

All this arguing over red vs green... you guys are banging on about the wrong green.
WE should be ranting about that ******* ****-******* **** of a ***** Michael Bay trying to make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into teenage alien turtles or some crap like that.

Associate
Yes. And the chances are that every DX11 card will be able to run DX11.1

It's just another pathetic attempt at making you think your card is worthless so you have to buy a new one.

Some features are compatible with existing hardware but not all are.

And what's with the conspiracy theories at every turn? geez...

DirectX 11.1 was introduced by MICROSOFT primarily because it felt 11 didn't cut it for MS's plans with Windows 8 in general, and Metro in particular. Other than that there are several performance optimizations and some homogenizing -- e.g. a vendor-neutral 3D API (which is one of the features that DOES need compatible hardware).

Permabanned
Originally Posted by windheaven View Post

Both i think without going through all the pages there is still a higher end keplar card that might be having yield problems so they put the 680 in for now.With all the talk they had of keplar dont u guys think its funny its only equal to a 7970 when both are overclocked?

If thier graphs are correct the real high end single card from keplar has 512big ring bus more than 2GB of ram and will match or slighty beat a GTX 590.

It looks like Nvidia originally labelled the card as the GTX670TI:

Exactly things got so good they decided why not make this the 680 and match ATI until the big guns are ready? there really must be a GTX 780 or 785 coming! :D

Give me one now Nvidia!!

Last edited:
Soldato
This whole 28NM generation is a pile of fail. Not for the performance but the stupid pricing.

Hopefully,if the world is still around next year, I am going to get a card then.

I am going to probably spend my upgrade budget on a new CPU at this rate.

Associate
Both i think without going through all the pages there is still a higher end keplar card that might be having yield problems so they put the 680 in for now.With all the talk they had of keplar dont u guys think its funny its only equal to a 7970 when both are overclocked?

If thier graphs are correct the real high end single card from keplar has 512big ring bus more than 2GB of ram and will match or slighty beat a GTX 590.

Exactly things got so good they decided why not make this the 680 and match ATI until the big guns are ready? there really must be a GTX 780 or 785 coming! :D

Give me one now Nvidia!!
My thoughts exactly, looking forward to potentially picking up a 780 when they are released. Despite all the moanings from the fanboys on here.

Back
Top Bottom