• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Soldato
Powered GeForce GTX 690 will take a 5-phase power section, and to feed this giant requires two 8-pin plug (TDP ~ 300W). The rear bracket you'll find two DVI, one HDMI and DisplayPort, and on the back of a not run SLI connector. Expected price is not yet known, but less than 3000 zł rather not go down (~ 800 USD).

this isn't too promising - with GTX680 taking near 200W and this card only sporting 300W - it means they are going to be quite severely down clocked

yet I bet it will be double the price of a 680, so 680SLI would be the much better price/performance option

Associate
After much deliberation i think I'm going to ditch the 6950 and go GREEN
hulkj.jpg
:p

Associate
Well I tried the registry fix to try and get my GTX 680's running at PCI-E 3.0 with my X79 MB and in Surround mode Windows fails to boot. So the article was right that there can be issues using that registry key.

So hopefully nVidia properly enables 3.0 or I will have to go back to the launch drivers which I think were 300.83?

Associate
Well I tried the registry fix to try and get my GTX 680's running at PCI-E 3.0 with my X79 MB and in Surround mode Windows fails to boot. So the article was right that there can be issues using that registry key.

So hopefully nVidia properly enables 3.0 or I will have to go back to the launch drivers which I think were 300.83?

I saw somewhere nVidia are looking to get certified for for PCI-E 3.0 on SBE and IB. Hopefully soon - pretty sure it was from an nVidia rep.

Back
Top Bottom