Ricky Gervais as 'Derek'

Man of Honour
Pilkington 'acts' the same as he always is, which makes me believe he was always acting, even when he was supposedly being himself (IE an idiot abroad etc).

Go and watch Idiot Abroad again and start looking for camera angles & scenes so he can get his jokes in.
If everything was 'off the cuff' you wouldn't see particular scenes.
It is the best character that Gervais/Merchant have done.

Soldato
I still much prefer the early XFM days when the conversations didn't seem quite so set up as they do in later KP items.

I don't care if he's a character - it makes me chuckle all the same :)

Associate
He used to produce the Russell brand show on xfm as well and was the same so unless they planted him back then he's that way. No doubt it's been more and more played up as its gone on but in the early xfm shows I think that's just him being him.

Man of Honour
I still much prefer the early XFM days when the conversations didn't seem quite so set up as they do in later KP items.

I don't care if he's a character - it makes me chuckle all the same :)

You can hear the transformation has the XFM series went on.
He obviously has weird ideas about the world and believes some nonsense (like our Magick does) but I then got a feeling Gervais & Merchant started writing for him as it went on.

Yeah, he's one of the funniest people on TV and I'll watch anything he's in.

BTW, I've yet to find a picture of him with his girlfriend.

Soldato
Should be good. Office and Extras were amazing, and his appearances in Life's Too Short made the show.

Shame there's no Stephen Merchant though, hopefully he'll make a cameo.

Soldato
BTW, I've yet to find a picture of him with his girlfriend.

That one still seems to be a bit of a mystery.
I thought that given how many shows he's been in now that he would have attended some kind of public function, or the paps would have spotted him with her.

I suppose though nobody is following him and he's not deemed worth of inviting to anything!
I'd much rather see the Daily Mail publish a story uncovering her, than what some TOWIE star wore to a nightclub.

This picture is still rumoured to possibly be her, as she works for the BBC on Match of the Day:
162366785_e8bf081d98.jpg

This YouTube clip is quite funny though, it's the wedding of Suzanne and Karl... however it's just some American couple who posted their wedding online and have ended up with more than 50,000 people viewing it thinking it's that round headed buffoon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVz_h5AgeM

Man of Honour
I also found this -

suzanne.jpg

Forgot to mention that where I found this on a Pilkington blog somebody had replied that it can't be her because the man sitting next to her isn't Karl.
They wouldn't even script a line that stupid for Karl.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom