Birds from Liverpool 2012

Caporegime
What the shame is here is that these girls, who in basic appearance I'm sure aren't any different than your average UK girl, spent a great deal of effort and look terrible.

Everything else you said doesn't matter, this bit does.

They thought they looked good, so again, what is the problem with this? Seriously?

You want to put that time and effort in to looking good, or what you perceive as good, to be branded as all sorts across the internet and daily national newspapers? I obviously understand as a prince charming with immaculate dress sense you don't have these problems.

Jog on. Have the decency to understand that there is no problem here, it's a horrible article by an equally horrible 'news' paper.

Soldato
Everything else you said doesn't matter, this bit does.

They thought they looked good, so again, what is the problem with this? Seriously?

You want to put that time and effort in to looking good, or what you perceive as good, to be branded as all sorts across the internet and daily national newspapers? I obviously understand as a prince charming with immaculate dress sense you don't have these problems.

Jog on. Have the decency to understand that there is no problem here, it's a horrible article by an equally horrible 'news' paper.

What problem are you talking about? I'm saying they don't look good, I'm free to hold an opinion on it, and I'm certainly free to express it.

I may not be the most handsome guy on the planet, and I could certainly do with losing weight. I'm quite ill at the moment and I look it. However when I'm not ill and I get dressed up for a formal occasion I don't think I look dreadful, and I'm pretty sure nobody else would have that opinion, nor have I ever looked back at myself and said I look like a fashion disaster - although it is easier for men, as what we wear isn't as affected by fashion in the same way as women.

The Daily Mail article is there to soak up the bile and hatred of their readership. Their readership likes to feel superior, and likes to hate people. That's just what the Daily Mail panders to with stories on Muslims, immigrants, criminals etc. I'm critical of Daily Mail style opinions when they appear here.

However if it's ok to pass comment on someone for looking good, then it's ok to pass comment on someone for looking bad. In the interest of not being a douche it's social norm not to say anything bad to someone's face/friends/behind their back to people they know, but when I'm out on a night out I do comment if I think someone is dressed well, or dressed poorly, of course not to their face. When I bump into a friend or someone from work and they're looking sharp or whatever I'll pay them a compliment. You can't have one side without the other, and when I comment on someone's appearance and indicate I don't like what they're wearing or what they've done with their hair I don't do it out of malice towards the person.

Soldato
Why? I'm not commenting on how the women look, that would the rest of the people in here.

We're entitled to our opinions.

If you want people to do it, then have the balls to do it yourself first. It's simple, post 1 of you, and I'll post of me, and then you can **** me off as much as you could ever want and it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Caporegime
What problem are you talking about? I'm saying they don't look good, I'm free to hold an opinion on it, and I'm certainly free to express it.

I may not be the most handsome guy on the planet, and I could certainly do with losing weight. I'm quite ill at the moment and I look it. However when I'm not ill and I get dressed up for a formal occasion I don't think I look dreadful, and I'm pretty sure nobody else would have that opinion, nor have I ever looked back at myself and said I look like a fashion disaster - although it is easier for men, as what we wear isn't as affected by fashion in the same way as women.

The Daily Mail article is there to soak up the bile and hatred of their readership. Their readership likes to feel superior, and likes to hate people. That's just what the Daily Mail panders to with stories on Muslims, immigrants, criminals etc. I'm critical of Daily Mail style opinions when they appear here.

However if it's ok to pass comment on someone for looking good, then it's ok to pass comment on someone for looking bad. In the interest of not being a douche it's social norm not to say anything bad to someone's face/friends/behind their back to people they know, but when I'm out on a night out I do comment if I think someone is dressed well, or dressed poorly, of course not to their face. When I bump into a friend or someone from work and they're looking sharp or whatever I'll pay them a compliment. You can't have one side without the other, and when I comment on someone's appearance and indicate I don't like what they're wearing or what they've done with their hair I don't do it out of malice towards the person.

How... very peculiar. It's bad to be mean to people to their face, but it's okay from the safety of the internet.

Amazing. I have no problem with women or men putting time, money and effort in to making themselves look, what they perceive as pretty, I don't care, these are random people that don't bother me. I however don't feel the need of the self satisfaction of ****ging random women off for how they look. I'm not that insecure.

I'm staggered that they should be mocked for this, it's a bigger reflection on society and the absolute dross paper that is the Daily Fail.

Soldato
How... very peculiar. It's bad to be mean to people to their face, but it's okay from the safety of the internet.

Amazing. I have no problem with women or men putting time, money and effort in to making themselves look, what they perceive as pretty, I don't care, these are random people that don't bother me. I however don't feel the need of the self satisfaction of ****ging random women off for how they look. I'm not that insecure.

I'm staggered that they should be mocked for this, it's a bigger reflection on society and the absolute dross paper that is the Daily Fail.

Again you're having a go at me for behaviours I'm not doing.

For a start it's not being mean. For something to be above average then something else needs to be below average. It's just the way our society works that we don't tell people who are below average that they're below average, we let them work it out on their own while we rain applause on those who are above average. However we're free to do it in our own discussions. It would be mean to shove it someone's face, but it's not mean to express an opinion. It also has nothing to do with the safety of the internet - you can't get away from the meme of the basement dweller criticising models. That is not what is happening here.

It's also nothing to do with self satisfaction, at least not where I'm sitting, nor am I being insecure, nor am I mocking them.

Caporegime
No, I don't agree. I don't think it's bull. I think, and everybody posting here seems to think, that they look bad. I'd be saying the same about a bunch of goths dressed up like goths (assuming of course they didn't look good). They're wearing a uniform and they're dressed up not in what's good, but what they pick up is fashionable.

You also need to appreciate that in order for someone to look good, it stands to reason that as a relative measure people need to look bad. Now in my example above I say that most girls in the UK can scrub up and look pretty amazing, in relation to how they normally look at work. It stands to reason.

What the shame is here is that these girls, who in basic appearance I'm sure aren't any different than your average UK girl, spent a great deal of effort and look terrible.

Again you're having a go at me for behaviours I'm not doing.

Errr okay :o

For a start it's not being mean. For something to be above average then something else needs to be below average. It's just the way our society works that we don't tell people who are below average that they're below average, we let them work it out on their own while we rain applause on those who are above average. However we're free to do it in our own discussions. It would be mean to shove it someone's face, but it's not mean to express an opinion. It also has nothing to do with the safety of the internet - you can't get away from the meme of the basement dweller criticising models. That is not what is happening here.

So, this isn't being mean? Saying that these girls, look terrible, which is made doubly worse by the effort and time they put in, this isn't being mean though? No?

It's also nothing to do with self satisfaction, at least not where I'm sitting, nor am I being insecure, nor am I mocking them.

Yes it is. What other reason is there? Why would you feel the need to comment about how badly someone is dressed / presented if it's not from a self satisfying point of view? or on some level being insecure so that you feel the need to comment on how other people are.

It also has nothing to do with the safety of the internet - you can't get away from the meme of the basement dweller criticising models. That is not what is happening here.

Yes it is.

Anyway, bored. Said all I want to say, I'll leave all the amazing prince charming's with immaculate dress senses in here to frown upon women dressing themselves up for a day out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll bite;

Must be too ashamed to post himself, shameful display.

Step up next time.

Why would you like me to post a picture?

C'mon hit me with your logic bomb.

Jesus, how horrifying.

Why are northern women so ugly? Did their husbands punch them in the face too many times?

Why don't YOU post a picture of yourself with some southern beauties?

You seem to be the one, out of us two, who 'feels the need' to comment on random women from the safety of the internet. What's wrong, elbows too pointy?

Soldato
Posting pictures is, I think, a total red herring and won't have any bearing on this discussion. It's not the case that you need to be a Michelin rated chef to say your meal was too salty. You don't need to be a published musician to not like an album.

What the discussion hinges on is the ability of myself and others to hold an opinion.

How would you feel Tummy if I watched a football game and afterwards I said "Well, I thought the red team's defence was pretty poor, they should have switched to man marking when it was clear using zones was seeing them getting torn apart. I was pretty impressed that the blues countered so fast and easily, they knew what they were doing. What would be wrong with that? Fair enough it wouldn't be right to go up to the red team and rub it in their faces, but it'd be perfectly fine to talk about what they got wrong, or that they didn't have a good game, even if it was reasonable to think the might at some point read it.

Caporegime
What the discussion hinges on is the ability of myself and others to hold an opinion.

How would you feel Tummy if I watched a football game and afterwards I said "Well, I thought the red team's defence was pretty poor, they should have switched to man marking when it was clear using zones was seeing them getting torn apart. I was pretty impressed that the blues countered so fast and easily, they knew what they were doing. What would be wrong with that? Fair enough it wouldn't be right to go up to the red team and rub it in their faces, but it'd be perfectly fine to talk about what they got wrong, or that they didn't have a good game, even if it was reasonable to think the might at some point read it.

That's perfectly acceptable, it's a given criticise that zonal marking within the English Premier League is often ineffectual, there are however good arguments to it working too. It's a very over done debate. I imagine that the players and manager would understand that it hasn't worked, I imagine that the manager would change his tactics, the coaches would work to try and develop and evolve a better system of marking.

Footballers, aren't a 'worthy' comparison.

These are just women, who have done themselves up, put in time, money and effort, and a national 'news' paper has decided to mock them. Then an internet forum has decided to mock them even more. It's pathetic, and it's a sad reflection on society.

It's genuinely hilarious in GD with comments about women.

I've put my argument across, feel free to disagree, but you'll be wrong :) and on that bombshell, I'm going to bed. Goodnight you wonderful, beautiful, wise and perfect men of the internet.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;21673463 said:
Ladies, enough.

Post your best pic and then post a pic of the DM girls you don't think look great.

That's it.

I will not be posting a picture of myself. However if it helps.. I'm balding, late 30s, overweight and my eyes are like **** holes in the snow. I'm pleased to say that I'm not pale, thanks to my jaundice.

Why does my appearance matter though? As I've said you don't need to be a an artist to be a critic.

Soldato
Why would you like me to post a picture?

C'mon hit me with your logic bomb.

Why don't YOU post a picture of yourself with some southern beauties?

You seem to be the one, out of us two, who 'feels the need' to comment on random women from the safety of the internet. What's wrong, elbows too pointy?

You made the comment of us being "vampire pale technology geeks" and you want us to post pictures of ourselves to leave ourselves open to potential ridicule and turn the tables because of what we said about these women, your intentions are completely transparent. I'll give you your ammo to insult me, but first you must be open to it yourself, unless you're worried or ashamed of yourself.

Making assumptions of people you don't even know or have never seen is even more lol-worthy than us talking about these women, at least we have some base for talking about them, you have none, you're tarring everyone with the same brush foolishly and trying to do exactly the same as what we are which makes you no better, it just makes you a hypocrite.

Lets do it, man. Don't be scared, it's just the internet.

Soldato
I've put my argument across, feel free to disagree, but you'll be wrong :) and on that bombshell, I'm going to bed. Goodnight you wonderful, beautiful, wise and perfect men of the internet.

I think it would have been better, all things considered, if you'd in some way had your argument make reference to mine. I know it's a bit passe to follow standard form, but in some cases I find it helps in a discussion if both parties at least attempt to listen to the other. On the other hand if you're intent on winning an argument, and not letting little nuisances like the facts or who is right get in the way, then listening is indeed completely counter productive.

Back
Top Bottom