Cannot order Sky?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

This is becoming frustrating. I am trying to order Sky Fibre. The problem isn't fibre specific though and would apply equally if I was trying to order any of the Sky DSL products.

Sky appear reluctant to allow me to order Fibre because the checker says I cannot get any Sky services. This is true, the checker does say this. But won't offer me ANY broadband services - no Sky LLU and not even Sky Anytime (Which uses the BT IPStream network and surely anyone can get that).

They think 'my line isnt compatible'.

I think the checker conflicts with the fact I am on O2 LLU. My line is with BT. My exchange is enabled for Sky LLU Which whilst I appreciate isnt really related to the fibre product does conflict with the fact they appear unable to even offer a basic ADSL service.

How do I get past this? This is hugely frustrating. I'll also lose the £50 Quidco cashback if I dont order online. Sigh.

They've offered a few suggestions so far, mostly along the lines of 'Why not cancel your phone line and your broadband entirely and sign up from scratch with a new number' which seems like a completely ridiculous solution.

Arghghgh! Any ideas?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Ditto although I'm not LLU. Might need to wait for 'em to start accepting orders over the phone.

Soldato
I switched over from o2 LLU (BB+phone+line rental) two weeks ago to Sky LLU (BB+phone+line rental). All done online and went through seamlessly.

I didn't have any problems with Sky's online checker before hand, sounds like a problem with Sky's system. Sadly you'll probably have to sort it out over the phone, the trick will be finding someone who's prepared to or knows how to sort it out.

Do any of your neighbours use Sky's LLU package?

Soldato
if it's playing up like that, as foghorn mentioned, you'll need to get someone on the phone willing to help.

i had a similar problem with virgin, whereby my house number wasn't even listed with their online system, ended up finding someone that could help.

not ideal, but nothing you can do if there system is stuffed, short of waiting and hoping until it sorts it self out.

Soldato
found this in another thread in this forum:

If anyone is having issues with the website or being told it's not available in your area over the phone when the online checker says it is, do the following:

Phone 08442 410 104, say you want Sky Fibre and when you got to the checkout area on the website it gets an error. They'll check if you can have it and book installation over the phone!

thread is this one:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18392071&page=2

Soldato
I went through a stage at my old place where line checks on my landline always flagged up no services available (which is a lie), even with BT, it's a bit screwy sometimes.

Man of Honour
Your data on the openreach db is wrong. It's very hard to get this sorted but there is a phone number that the the public can use. Sadly I have no idea what it is any more but if you google around for some of the terms in my post (openreach, details wrong, customer facing number, etc) you may be able to track it down.

Soldato
Fox - You have to take sky line rental and talk to get the fibre they offer. If you don't have any of the LLU kit in your exchange, despite being able to get fibre on the line...... they aren't interested.

Edit : Sorry mate didn't see that your exchange was sky LLU enabled. You need to take sky talk and line rental from them though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Fox - You have to take sky line rental and talk to get the fibre they offer. If you don't have any of the LLU kit in your exchange, despite being able to get fibre on the line...... they aren't interested.

Edit : Sorry mate didn't see that your exchange was sky LLU enabled. You need to take sky talk and line rental from them though.

I was aware of that and prepared to do that.

Computer Says No.

So I've ordered BT Infinity.

Back
Top Bottom