Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
rooms.jpg

Possibly the most overkill hi-fi in a small room in a terraced house ever :D

My setup in my student flat might be on par for over kill. Room is about 2.5m x 5m :p
There is also a pair of Heywoods sat the back of the room for surround sound, with a ASW610 sub under the desk:D

0XzIK.jpg

Last edited:

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Fairly similar setup to Ste's without the additional 8000P and different speakers.

Audiolab 8000Q + 8000P preamp and power amp:
img2502eq.jpg

Cambridge Audio DACMagic + Musical Fidelity V-Link II 24bit/96khz Asynchronous Clocker (Jitter removal):
img2504io.jpg

Mission 753's:
img2501ko.jpg

Chunky Cables interconnect between the pre and power, Chord Chrysalis interconnect between the DAC and Pre Amp, QED Reference Series Optical Cable to the DAC from the Clocker, Chord Reference Series Speaker Cable to the Speakers.

Associate
A cheap and cheerful student AV setup, Monitor Audio Bronze Speakers (BX1s as surrounds) connected to an Onkyo TXSR-309 with a crappy Logitech sub from my previous speaker set (looking to upgrade to a BK Gemini when I get the money, and get a decent integrated amp for stereo).

0sPxXl.jpg

(At home from uni at the moment, yay for curtains you've had since you were a kid!)

Associate
My first adventure into separates arrived the other day, Pioneer SA-510, £20 :D

Volume knobs a bit taty and it smells like old people but I can live with that.

Haven't currently got any speakers yet, but for my college project I am building a pair that shouldn't be too bad.

Sounds nice on my headphones though and I love the looks.

imgp3083v.jpg

imgp3082r.jpg

imgp3080h.jpg

Soldato
Looks in great condition to. Sure you'd be able to buff the volume knob a little to get rid of any scratches.

I'd recommend trying to pick up a paid of speakers on ebay anyway just to use with it. If for no other reason that to take them apart to see how they're made. Have you any other experience of building speakers?

Associate
Yeah volume knob might polish up, I've got some Autosol metal polish in the cupboard don't know whether that would be ok to use?

I've no experience in speaker building, a little in wood work, but I have a thread on the DIY Audio forum about it and their keeping me on track. Should be finished within about 4 weeks anyway, Ive got the drivers/tweeters/crossover, just waiting for the speaker cable to arrive so I can test them.

Soldato
I've just had a tidy so I present my effort - excuse the iPhone photo quality!

2mi0rx3.jpg

Bravo, Q Acoustics FTW (Same setup as me)

You should really position your 2050's inwards a bit though!

THX Speaker Positioning Guide said:
Front Left & Right Speakers (L & R): Place the Front Left and Right speakers at ear height, producing a 45° angle as viewed from the main seating position. This delivers a wide sound stage and precise localization of individual sounds.

Last edited:
Soldato
You should really position your 2050's inwards a bit though!

Yeah, I did attempt that when I set them up originally but simply thought they looked a little weird turned in... in fairness the room isn't particularly big, so thinking it won't really make a difference... you've got me wondering now! Ideally i'd have them spaced out further to give a wider sound stage, but got no more room!

Associate
only just see this section on the forums...anyway here's my kit, and boy im' a lucky sod coz the wife loves it too happy days:)
Proac response 3's....audio research ls16 mk2 pre amp and a vtl 5.5 pre amp i'm testing....melos 402 gold valve monoblocks.....accustic arts cd player...nottingham analog hyperspace turntable...mostly tara labs cables...and a old sony dvd.

the tv is at that height coz we have 8ft wide pc station with 3 pc's at other end of the room facing tv so have to look over the screens hehe.

scaled.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom