*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not sure if anyone in here is still looking, but strangely Amazon.co.uk has opened up for more Diablo 3 CE orders, no idea if it is a system error or if they have more stock available, but worth a shot if you are still looking for a CE.

Good luck.

Possibly a few came back because of the 'rage cancellations'. :D

Chris [BEANS];21871721 said:
And on a more on topic note, I've had a butchers at the site, and surely everyone's going to be a monk right?! Much cooler than the rest :)

No, Witch Doctor for me. I just think his array of pets and abilities are the coolest thing since Percy Penguin the Astronaut's Beer Fridge.

Associate
Some people were talking about whether they could use the US client so I thought I'd post this from a blue post:

Wrong Version
I downloaded the UK version of the game by mistake. Will I be able to login to my US account using it or do I need the US client?
Global Play will be disabled until after US launch, so I don't think you'll be able to connect. Best to get the correct one.

He doesn't seem 100% sure, but I'd make sure to get the GB version of client if you're pre-loading.

Last edited:
Soldato
im suprised people are canceling CE pre orders to play it at midnight. can you not wait till the post man arrives.

yes its along awaited game but ive waited years, i can wait a couple of hours more.

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];21871860 said:
Glad there are a few new players :) I reckon I'd be a burden if I jumped straight into a game with experienced players, be good to play with others at the same level as me!

Yeah no problem, I plan on going through the game on Normal first solo. Then for the higher difficulties I'd be happy to team up with you.

Caporegime
The beta allowed me to connect to the US Servers and play from them. Presumably they have altered this for the main release to stop people in the US from playing early...

Presumably the Americans can employ the same trick people here do to unlock steam games early, eg a free uk VPN. They would not be able to move that character to American servers though, so might have issues with ping/stability.

Associate
Presumably the Americans can employ the same trick people here do to unlock steam games early, eg a free uk VPN. They would not be able to move that character to American servers though, so might have issues with ping/stability.

Your home region is based on the country of residence in your battle.net profile, which can't be changed without phoning Blizzard afaik.

Associate

Though with global play disabled untill all regions have launched I dont think the enUS client will be able to connect to enGB regions.

Or so i have read, and this would make sense.

Your home region is based on the country of residence in your battle.net profile, which can't be changed without phoning Blizzard afaik.

Ah yes, and this, though from memory you can actually change your Battle.net region, or atleast you used to be able to. I did it a few times to get onto WoW US ptr servers etc.

Associate
Though with global play disabled untill all regions have launched I dont think the enUS client will be able to connect to enGB regions.

Or so i have read, and this would make sense.

Ah yes, and this, though from memory you can actually change your Battle.net region, or atleast you used to be able to. I did it a few times to get onto WoW US ptr servers etc.

You used to be able to, you can't change it anymore without contacting them.

Soldato
Like you, I have not played Diablo before and don't know a great deal about it. I have watched a ton of videos and read a lot over the last few days though so I'm starting to get some knowledge on the storyline, I actually plan on playing Barbarian when I pick this up =)

Good man for taking the time and effort to get some back story in it's well worth it - it's Blizzards best franchise imo.

I've been making the sigils every week, but how do you know which one is the special one? What if I select another sigil in the designer? Will I then not unlock the special one when the game is out?

The "special" ones where the ones that each of the classes defaulted on, but i'm sure you unlock it no matter what one you pick (not 100% sure)

Chris [BEANS];21871860 said:
Glad there are a few new players :) I reckon I'd be a burden if I jumped straight into a game with experienced players, be good to play with others at the same level as me!

You wouldn't be a burden trust me, unless the other player was a complete tool then it wont matter ;)

you can always jump in my games :p and i been playing D1/D2 for nearly half my life :D

Soldato
but i'm sure you unlock it no matter what one you pick

This is correct, it was confirmed on the official forums last night. As long as you've made any old sigil for each class you will unlock the class specific sigils in game at some point after release.

They're not sure exactly when they'll unlock but they won't be available right away.

you can always jump in my games :p and i been playing D1/D2 for nearly half my life :D

I suppose we should get a list of Battle tags together so we can all play together if people wanted to? I'll gladly play with anyone after release, I met my oldest 'online friends' in the original Diablo :)

Last edited:
Soldato
As no one answered this before I'll ask again :)

Does anyone know if I'd be better off upgrading to windows 7? I'm on XP currently and debating if I should shell out for 7 to run D3 better.

Soldato
I suppose we should get a list of Battle tags together so we can all play together if people wanted to? I'll gladly play with anyone after release, I met my oldest 'online friends' in the original Diablo :)
there is already a list mate HERE

As no one answered this before I'll ask again :)

Does anyone know if I'd be better off upgrading to windows 7? I'm on XP currently and debating if I should shell out for 7 to run D3 better.

That's your call i think, it shouldn't have that much impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom