Poll: are you looking forward to the olympics?

Looking forward to Olympics?

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm just picturing how boring the opening ceremony will probably be with Huw Edwards and whatsherface's commentary. Hope the CGI guys are ready with their fireworks though.

Soldato
I think one of my favourite things is that it will be undoubtedly be an overwhelmingly positive event which will showcase the very best that London has to offer as the capital of the UK and one of the best cities in the world, to the extent that literally not one single complaint, moan or otherwise negative attitude will detract a single bit from the massive amounts of enjoyment that millions of people will derive from it :cool:

Soldato
Looking forward to watching the basketball. I don't watch TV but I don't think any of our channels cover the NBA at all so I never bother to try and watch it normally. Not bothered about any other sport.
ESPN show live NBA. I watch games here or there. Next match 2AM (UK) Wednesday - Indiana v Miami.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the Olympics, mainly for the athletics but will happily sit and watch the other events too.

Not so fussed about where it's held but I hope we do a decent job.

Actually will be using some of my leave to take some time off to watch it :)o) like last time as I don't have a holiday booked this year.

Permabanned
Complete waste of money - We should never have won them.

All those people living on the streets & we are squandering money on this bile.

No I'm not looking forward to them. Sooner they are over the better.

Couldn't give a toss if we don't win a medal.

Roll on the end off them....Pls

Caporegime
Found out yesterday they're closing the A24, a major dual carriageway practically every evening and night in June to resurface it for the Olympic road cycle race. This is also my commuter route home - it'll be absolute chaos, I'm fuming.

Soldato
OP
one of my memories from the games last time round....

photo19.jpg

:)

Soldato
im still annoyed that (IMO) the olympics has lost us the world cup and the fact it will bankrupt us even more. olympics never help the host nation like a WC does. the WC would have made us billions. the olympics will cost us billions.

Soldato
no.

im NOT looking forward to it. im not 'meh' about it.

'Looking forward to' is synonymous with 'excited about'. If you are not not looking forward to (or not excited about) the Olympics then you are not fussed. Likewise if you're not fussed, then by definition you aren't looking forward to the games.

I read this poll as 15.7% are looking forward to the Olympics, 84.3% aren't.

Man of Honour
I can't wait for them to start. Loved watching the Olympics and athletics since I was a boy so having them in you home town is amazing. I’m even lucky enough to be going to the football final and 200m men’s final night. Bring them on. :)

Back
Top Bottom