It's too hot :(

Soldato
Why do Brits love complaining about the weather?

It's too hot.
It's too cold.
It's too mild.
It's too calm.
It's too windy.
It's not too windy.

Probably because we are the only country that has all those weathers, IN 1 DAY :eek:.

Seriously though, it's because we only get this weather a couple of times a year so you don't get used to it. It's not rocket science really.

Associate
Probably because we are the only country that has all those weathers, IN 1 DAY :eek:.

Seriously though, it's because we only get this weather a couple of times a year so you don't get used to it. It's not rocket science really.

Yah. We like this weather but a bit cooler. No rain, maybe wind for some but that just makes it cold.

Soldato
Try being in an engine room off Singapore. It's 35 degrees and 100% humidity outside, and that's being sucked into the engine room and forced in by four massive fan housings. Then it combines with the heat coming off the main engine, auxiliary engines, auxiliary boiler, purifiers etc. making engine room temperatures soar and approach 50 degrees and 100% humidity. Then try and spend 8 hours down there wrestling with a broken centrifugal purifier. It redefines what you previously knew as "ball sweat"

Last edited:
Associate
There's no maximum UK temp, there's a minimum which is 16'C (13'C in some workplaces, bakery etc). I believe they have to provide drinking water and that is all.

ooh really i thought it was both ways i know they sent us all home once when it was boiling hot and the ac packed up

Soldato

That's exactly it, i don't have a problem at all with the hot weather. It's just if i grew up having tonnes of hot weather i'd probably hate the cold. It's also a different kind of heat over here compared to abroad though with the high humidity.

If it was a bit cooler that it is now, with a nice cool breeze it would be absolutely perfect in my eyes.

Associate
tbh i love the heat but outside not inside

after years of living in africa and the middle east you learn to aprreciate A/C and i wouldnt be without it now even here in UK so nice to have tv pc everything else running in the summer and get wafted in cool air when all the neighbhours are complaining about the stuffiness etc and have all the windows open and all the bugs flying in

its really worth getting ac even if its portable so you can sleep easy and they are cheap as chips 2 -3 hundred quid for a base unit iw well worth it imo.

but outside as hot as it gets i love it 40 + im happy

Caporegime
Why do Brits love complaining about the weather?

It's too hot.
It's too cold.
It's too mild.
It's too calm.
It's too windy.
It's not too windy.

Because we are Brits.

I plain out refuse talking about the weather in the office. If they complain about the rain, I'll say I love the rain. If they say it's too cold, I'll say I love the cold, if they say it's too hot I'll say it's not even close. 40c is hot. 21c is mild at most. Our office temperature is set to 25c, I've seen it at 30c!

21c is hot? clearly the OP has never been abroad.

Back
Top Bottom