1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. Sheff

Hitman

My only complaint is that the women in my office have complained that the air con makes the room too cold. It's ok for them and their summer dresses, I have to wear a shirt and tie!

2. Cosimo

Man of Honour

You don't start melting until it's 40°C....... :p

3. PermaBanned

Capodecina

Pft, that's just denaturing :p

4. Mark A

Capodecina

It's nothing to do with us being Brits at all. Everyone who visits Britain complains about our weather.

Again, it is too hot for some people as they are not acclimatised to the heat. Who cares what temperature it is in other countries? It's that temperature there most of the year so they adapt to the heat.

Is this really so hard to understand?

5. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

This.

6. ThomasTheTankEngine

Wise Guy

Yeah. It's horrible. I only go a couple of stops on the above-ground part, and even that is pretty bad.

7. secretspy

Soldato

Agreed.

I was in 30 degrees last week so it's definitely not hot :p. I've also been in 40 degree heat. This temp is just right :)

8. Richie

Soldato

mmmm, Summer dresses... All light and floaty and stuff :D

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

No, it is the brits. Do you knew what Aussie say about Poms? That they complaint about the weather in Australia. Which they find absurd, as they chose to move there for the weather and even after 20 years they still moan about it.

And 21c is not hot, not by anyone's standard, as our office temp is set to 25c all year, what temp do you set your car's climate at? I'm going to guess its not 10c.

it is not 40c heat with 100% humidity outside, it is 21c. Acclimatise? Lol that's got to be a joke.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. WingZero30

Soldato

Because we are accustomed to cool/cloudy/rainy weather most of the year in this country, when there is some increase in degree celsius with full sunshine, suddenly everything feels pretty hot.:p

For those people coming from middle east/south asia to uk for holidays, todays weather would actually be very pleasent for them as weather in those regions is alreay hitting 40+C!!

11. Kutter

Mobster

bunch of wusses, i work in 33c and the tank farm is 54c but we can only work in there for 15 mins at a time.

on a side note its gonna be in the 80's this weekend, great beach weather.

12. KatanaDV20

Mobster

OP youre not alone I agree with you 100%. I also hate warm weather and Im dreading summer. Blue sky, sun...yawn :rolleyes:

Like you Im outnumbered by the sunshine crowd who cant wait to hang out on beaches getting roasted on the random overcrowded Euro-beaches. Counting down to fall already TBH.

Cant wait to go to go on a winter holiday...last year went to Himalayas in winter...ahhh so nice and cold. Hands numb face numb till u cant feel cheeks. Miss it! :D

13. Schizo

Capodecina

try sleeping during the day in this heat :)

14. FoxEye

Capodecina

If this thread didn't exist, I was going to make it.

It's too freakin' hot.

15. Nitefly

Man of Honour

If you are too hot.... Try going outside? I'm lying on the grass in my garden, it's just beautiful :cool:

16. estebanrey

Capodecina

You obviously never watched 8 Out Of 10 Cats the other day, The Hoff was on it and spent the first half of the show complaining about the UK weather, to the point where even the British guests got annoyed with it.

17. HAz

Capodecina

Only ginger and fat people need complain.

18. estebanrey

Capodecina

And Goths, how can they maintain that 3 days after death look with this blinking sun exposing their skin to so much UV light?

19. Magic_x_uk

Soldato

God I love the hot weather, you cannot beat the eye candy around when it is hot.

I love it, love it.....Long may it continue.

20. craarc

Wise Guy

i love the heat love it love it love it. laying on the helideck in 35-40c with coconut oil on outside is fine. but inside you need AC cant be in that temp all the time

and ofc the eye candy walkin round atm is awesome at home