It's too hot :(

Associate
OP
OP youre not alone I agree with you 100%. I also hate warm weather and Im dreading summer. Blue sky, sun...yawn :rolleyes:

Like you Im outnumbered by the sunshine crowd who cant wait to hang out on beaches getting roasted on the random overcrowded Euro-beaches. Counting down to fall already TBH.

Cant wait to go to go on a winter holiday...last year went to Himalayas in winter...ahhh so nice and cold. Hands numb face numb till u cant feel cheeks. Miss it! :D

Someone who's on the same wave length as me <3

I can't wait for the winter/snow. A skiing holiday is 100x better than going to a hot country.

Caporegime
You obviously never watched 8 Out Of 10 Cats the other day, The Hoff was on it and spent the first half of the show complaining about the UK weather, to the point where even the British guests got annoyed with it.

What's there to complain about?

There are no hurricans like Florida (Katrina).
There are no floods like those in Thailand.
There are no earthquake like those in Japan.
There are no volcanos like that in Iceland.
There are no heat like that in the Sahara.
There are no cold like that of Siberia.
There are no rain like that in the Amazon.

11 months out of 12 is between 5 to 25c! A t-shirt and jacket works through out it all.

It's amazing!

Soldato
Someone who's on the same wave length as me <3

I can't wait for the winter/snow. A skiing holiday is 100x better than going to a hot country.

Indeed. I bought a portable a/c unit for my bedroom a few years ago and it is currently chilling my room to a lovely 20 degrees Celcius. I wouldn't want it any warmer than that.

Soldato
same here its nice and cool, but they are quite noisey

yer mine hums a bit that is a disadvantage compared to built in units but benefits outweigh that dont you think ?

dont stop me sleeping like laying in a sweat would tho

Noisy, perhaps. Worth it? Most definitely. I wear a pair of good quality sound isolating headphones and the noise from the a/c unit doesn't bother me. When I go to sleep, I set the timer on my a/c unit to turn off fairly soon after I have fallen asleep.

Man of Honour
Hot? Haha. 40C and 99% RH is hot. This is mild. I was flying earlier and climbed above the cloud/haze layer and due to the insolation the cabin temperature reached about 33C. That was comfortably warm.

Soldato
i think between 22 - 33 is fine for me. Today its been around 22 ish which is cool.

above 33 then i start to die.....literally.

But then if i had the choice between living either at the Arctic circle or in the Bahamas (insert favourite hot destination) i'd take the heat any day.

But then you get different kinds of heat. Dry heat (Egypt) and then somewhere super humid like Thailand or somewhere. Which is easier to take?

Soldato
When its too cold, you can put on a more clothes, do something energetic, fill a hot water bottle.... light a fire etc. What can you do when its too hot? Sit there sweating like a pig too pooped to move.

Move along heat, bring on the next ice age :p

Associate
I do, partly the reason i moved here :D
Shame most people just see the tourist traps.

oh yer totally first time i went to that area was in the late 70`s worked over there off the african coast for a while been popping back occasionally since

if i could id like to retire there as one of my top 5 places tbh

Soldato
No, it is the brits. Do you knew what Aussie say about Poms? That they complaint about the weather in Australia. Which they find absurd, as they chose to move there for the weather and even after 20 years they still moan about it.

No it really isn't the Brits at all.

Do you know what Australians do when they visit the UK? Moan about how cold it is. The same as most people who visit from countries where it is hot most of the year.

So you see, we moan when its too hot and people from hot countries moan when its too cold.

Back
Top Bottom