**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
Zerg buffs? They looked alright to me after the roach range buff haha. Oh that must seem so old to you now.

Terran still pretty much the dominant race tournament wise?

I'd say Zerg is probably going to start popping up more tournament wise due to the Zerg buff basically raping any early aggression and most TvZ openers.

Generally Terrans and Zergs split a lot of tourny wins. MC has been the only Toss to win major tournies this year (3 wins).

Associate
LF Terran players to coach me! :p

Well, i'm placed in at gold, how ever, I have no idea how I ended up there, i'm more bronze, maybe silver if lucky :p.
If anyone wants to play with me, or give a few basic tips to me, then that'd be awesome!

Permabanned
RiseAgainst...

Your pylon was too early, it delayed your Cybernetics Core which is a bad thing.

Don't chrono your Cybernetics more than once unless you're going for pressure/all-in (3gate Pressure or 4gate all-in) Use it on your nexus for probes.

Was a good idea leaving your probe at his natural, pop back in at some point and you'll see what's happening. If he's expanding you'll see very few units (or they'd have moved to the scondary ramp) or you'll see his tech which is great either way.

If he expands you either go put on pressure or you expand yourself.

You need a sentry at the start. Without a good sentry count you will fall to all-ins or stim timings. I'd opt for only 2 stalkers at the start because that's enough for a Banshee and more Stalkers delays tech/expansion. Sentrys delay tech but they're crucial for surviving.

Don't bother with the Twilight Council if you haven't even got/started 1/1 yet. Even if you're aiming for Templar tech it would be extremely greedy to go both Templar and Robo on 2base. At the point you put it down you're behind in army supply and should probably think about getting your third up and trying not to miss any warp-in timings. (I see you went to expand shortly after and that's the right time.

Both of you should try and be in control of the Xel-Nagas.

Bismarck is moving across the map and you're still missing warp-in timings. Need to keep production up at all times. Use more FFs during the engagement also.

Both your bases were way over-saturated and could probably saturate more than 1 other base. Keep an eye on when it starts to get overcrowded on the mineral lines coz you're just wasting minerals at that point.

After the first attack it was pretty much GG.

That's all I've got to say XD Some of it may not make sense cos I'm watching IPL TAC3 at the same time lol.

Permabanned
I guess I was so bad you didn't want to go into it ey Kamwah ;) haha

I was going to put at the end of my post if you wanted pointers I could look through it. I didn't pay too much attention to what you was doing apart from things that Rise would have to react too.

Associate
Thank kamwah
Yeah the prob over saturating is not something I am normally bad with also I was ( this will sound weird ) pretty nervous because of playing someone I kinda know. that said however my expand timing does sometimes mess up leaving me really over saturated.
Don't suppose you know i normal sort of time for a toss to take a third ?

That sentry stuff makes sense will start doing that, with regarded to the warp in cycle thing that is something i do have problems with , might try get some sort of timer that goes off after each cycle cooldown , like on my phone or something

The chrono on the cyber is something I have started to change a bit in games , just played some games before reading this where I did Chrono probes more and i noticed a big difference.
Yeah after that first attack I knew I was dead , guessed he had a third up but on the off chance he didn't I stayed in
Thanks again man :)

Just played a pretty epic 4v4 with a guy from the channel , they took out one of our guys with a cannon rush and lings and damaged the another. After going expand first i massed carriers voids and zealot got a mother ship and ended up in a base trade that took about 20 mins to finish off :L
This is the replay if anyone wants it

Permabanned
Haha yea I always get tilted when I play someone I know if I'm unsure on their skill level.

Sentry expands are great as Toss. 2 Gas and only sentrys off of 1/2 gates then get some Zealots out after you've expanded then choose your tech route.

I wouldn't say there's a good timing for a third but it's usually around 13/14mins I'd say. It varies greatly game by game though.

Getting a timer is a bad idea as it quickly becomes a crutch. It shows how many Warpgates are ready on your screen (theres an icon iirc on the right above the overlay)

DJWheat plays Zerg (He's a pro caster) and he put a timer on Injects cos he always misses it. After a few mins it was so out of sync and just became confusing XD

I'll rewatch the game later Esk and reply then.

Permabanned
I guess I was so bad you didn't want to go into it ey Kamwah ;) haha

Ok esK...

Your opening wasn't too good. You went late-gas which is becoming more popular but you should have expanded. You can decide to do your 2nd supply depot and delay your CC if you want to keep him guessing (Force a robo/scan/overlord sac).

You should scout round your natural with your first few marines. Might find a proxy pylon or a hidden Ling/worker waiting for the expansion timing.

Keep your macro up, you have some small idle time on your OC and it shouldn't happen this early. This early you can also hotkey your CC to all numbers and make sure you hotkey your rax.

2 Bunkers isn't something you need as standard. You didn't know have any information on what he was doing. You also need the Xel'Nagas (Mentioned this to Rise aswell). Scan his base at some point around 5/6 mins to see the gateway account.

You shouldn't go double gas before Factory unless you're going for very quick tech. You wasn't struggling for gas and you had enough to do an upgrade and factory.

I thought I recognized the build you was doing as Polt's 4rax but you opted to go 2techlabs and 1reactor. I'd opt for 2reactors favoring marines just because after medivacs/stim come out stalkers don't trade cost effectively against them.

Don't move your Reaper into the mineral line, it allows worker surrounds much easier. You could have killed a few more than you did.

Keep an eye on your CC energy for Mules.

At 8:28 you've got 2 gas and a total of 3 workers on them combined. At this point you need the gas to start building up for medivacs. Also floating 440 minerals which should have been sunk into an engineering bay for +1 attack. (Always do +1 Attack because Toss should be getting +1 Armor to try and negate some of stims effects)

You just fixed one of the gas but still have 2 on one of them.

Shift-click workers that build supply depots back onto the mineral line so that you don't have idle workers.

It's 9:31 and you haven't got any information other than he's in the top left, he has 2 gateways and 2 gas. Scan.

A third gas should be put up before your starport is ready to produce medivacs because 2 gas isn't enough for upgrades,marauders + medivacs.

You're upping your rax count which is good but you should be thinking about expanding at 11mins or atleast applying some pressure. You still haven't made any medivacs which are what you need to survive gateway pushes/all-ins and allows you to be the stronger army.

You're putting up your ghost academy but you haven't scouted Templar tech. Bad move as you can't support ghosts well on 2 bases IMO. He's actually gone Robo tech which means you should have dropped a second starport for vikings.

You've overbuilt supply depots. You're 86/110 and while that's not a huge problem at your league it delays your expansion.

11:49 - You're putting up your armory now, usually you'd go 1 eBay and then when you're second +1 is being built you'd place down your armory.

You're putting up your third in your main. At this point with no pressure it'd be safe to go build it where-ever you're putting it.

Pulling all your SCVs by mistake XD Can't say I haven't done that.

Scan above your army before you even think about moving out, if you kill the observer you can move make him guess on whether you're coming or not.

Just realized the reason your money is so low is because you're queueing units at your barracks. That's not optimal macro/use of your money, don't ever do this and you'll find you can build/expand a lot more.

When you killed the third you moved your whole army up into the ramp. That's a terrible move against a Toss due to FFs. If he hit his FFs and had more sentrys you would have been in a terrible position of having your army cut in half.

You played pretty well and a lot of my pointers are what i'd expect someone above Silver to do so it's just something to work towards.

-----

tldr - That's a wall of text, some may not make sense. I haven't been to bed yet! XD

Associate
Rank 1 silver at the moment awaiting my gold promotion ( maybe next season ) :D

Even seeing my replays now I can see how much I've improved over the past few seasons!

Back
Top Bottom