*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Man of Honour
I sold my Touchpad because with CM9 the wireless was terrible and the standby time was very poor. On WebOS there were too many niggles to use it properly.

I am hoping the nexus 7 gets fast updates, great standby times and a stable wireless connection.

Same for me.

Associate
I sold my Touchpad & bought a Asus TF300 because I wanted USB/SD/HDMI........

all the things the Nexus 7 doesn't have :D

So unless you're desperate for a smaller device I'd stick with the Touchpad :)

One big advantage the N7 has over the TP - Weight!

I sold my Touchpad since the weight was annoying me - I wanted a slightly smaller form factor too. Having said that, I then bought a TF300 and after exchanging 2 of them with the worst cases of LCD light bleed I ever seen, I gave up on them & got a refund.

I was about to break the bank and get an iPad 2 or 3 when I saw the N7. Since then I have re-evaluated my needs for work and play and decided to give the 7" N7 a go at fitting into my already, large hierarchy of gadgets!

I know it seems strange to swing from using a TP for a year to thinking about an iPad to buying the N7 - but there is just something very appealing about the N7. Not to mention the price point too.

I loved the Touchpad, along with the HTC HD2 these were the most versatile pieces of tech that I've owned in years. Was sad to see both of them go, but time, tide & technology wait for no man. Time for new toys to distract me :)

Associate
I sold my Touchpad because with CM9 the wireless was terrible and the standby time was very poor. On WebOS there were too many niggles to use it properly.

Same for me.

To be fair, I also had wireless issues. The nightlies from around 20 June are much better in this regard. The version I am using at the moment is very stable.

Battery drain is still worse than webOS though...

Associate
Did you try talk to customer service over the phone? I called last Saturday morning to cancel my order and email confirm cancelled the following morning.

"Contact Google Commerce Ltd
By phone: +353 (1) 436 1001
Be sure to reference Google Commerce Ltd order # 15731260465432498277.1589670254731372"

I hope it doesn't come to that, haha.

Associate
"Contact Google Commerce Ltd
By phone: +353 (1) 436 1001
Be sure to reference Google Commerce Ltd order # 15731260465432498277.1589670254731372"

I hope it doesn't come to that, haha.

I called the 0800 328 6081 number (call go to US based call center). You can give them your order reference if you want :D but the email of the Google Play account will do.

Associate
Have ordered a 16Gb version as my first foray in to the world of tablets. Have had an iPhone 3GS and 4S, but having played with various mates' iPads I couldn't find a good enough reason to spend that much money on one (though the screen of the iPad 3 is gorgeous).

However, for £199, this seems a good punt as the wife wanted a Kindle anyway. Maybe if I find enough reasons to use this I'll upgrade to an iPad in time (or maybe not - I do like the 7 inch form factor).

Soldato
It's hopefully complete and utter bull, but I saw on YouTube you can't get kindle installed from the play store!

It might just be not compatible with JB, everytime there is an OS upgrade, some apps don't work or don't show in the market..

Then there are the usuals, mess with DPI using root and some apps won't install, etc, etc..

Soldato
Could never quite justify the need for a tablet until I recently purchased a galaxy tab 2 for my mother. It's remarkable how quickly you drop the desktop and laptop for browsing and its application for ridiculous things like food shopping while stock taking in the kitchen is enlightenment unmatched.

Ordered 2!

Soldato
Gonna order this today but from where?
Google play store says 2-3 weeks which makes it from the 21st onwards
Online retailers are stating the 19th???
Im buying it for my missus as her birthday present, as her bday is on the 19th so want to get it as near to then as possible..

Back
Top Bottom