**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Associate
Lol...I was even more silly because it caught me out when trying to switch it off....so I'd obviously figured out the correct button to press earlier, to turn it on....short memory, I guess :D

Associate
@HaloUK

That would be a dream having 2x685's sitting in my machine, unfortunatley I cant really afford more than £500ish for the GPU as im buying case,MB,CPU,GPU,memory and CPU fan :) still be good with one high-end GPU from early 2013 though and option to get a second GPU should the need arise!

Good luck with quitting smoking!

Associate
@HaloUK

That would be a dream having 2x685's sitting in my machine, unfortunatley I cant really afford more than £500ish for the GPU as im buying case,MB,CPU,GPU,memory and CPU fan :) still be good with one high-end GPU from early 2013 though and option to get a second GPU should the need arise!

Good luck with quitting smoking!

TBH, if the 685 is going to be as good as the specultion/supposid leaks say it is then I would prolly get away with one and seeing how it goes from there. Bless it, my trusty old GTX 295 is really starting to struggle now. Def need an oooomf in GPU power. Thanks for the well wishes, third time lucky as they say. Its going really good tho. :)

Associate
Very true, the next GPU from nVidia will have to beat the 680 by a tangible amount for there to be a reason for it to exist...AKA it will rock lol

I'm running this beast of a monitor off a netbook poor thing so im in for a more painfull wait than you my friend - havnt upgraded since 2007!

OcUK Staff
OP
There has been no word from OCUK if it voids the warranty or not. Not doing if it there's no word, and sending it back if it voids the OCUK warranty.

Hi there

Were waiting for DGM to put in writing to us, it won't void warranty, shall update on Monday. :)

Associate
Just received my monitor today, was a little hesitant at first as I was using a Dell 21 inch crt, which was starting to struggle with focus.

First impressions were wow!
Will be mostly used for photography and I needed the extra Desktop space.

The stand is a little flimsy, and I will have to raise it up a little to place it at eye level.

I have the same issue with a Gainward GTX460 not being able to enter the Bios using DVI, have to switch over to VGA to gain access to the Bios.

The screen is more reflective compared to the CRT.

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty good.... so far.

I received mine yesterday and I've been using it now for a couple of days.

First impressions...

Negatives

Bad Backlight Bleed:
A large "cloud" of it against the bottom of the screen, just to the left of the "DGM" logo and a small amount in the right corner. I can reduce the size of the larger "cloud" by squeezing the bottom bezel.

Screen Not Level:
I mean that it doesn't sit square on the stand. The bottom right corner is 5mm nearer to the desk than the left corner. I have tried detaching and re-attaching the stand but it makes no difference.

Positives

No dead pixels :)

No buzzing noise when displaying certain web sites. (As used to happen on my Hazro HZ27WC)

Easy access to the inputs. The Hazro required a certain amount of cable bending to connect the DVI.

An OSD (The Hazro didn't have one!)

None of the BIOS display issues reported by some people.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not make the mistake of posting a premature review on the OcUK web site as I did with my Hazro HZ27WC, only to see it "crash and burn" a week later. (Well that's a slight exaggeration purely for dramatic effect. It actually went out with a whimper.)
If the DGM lasts longer than the Hazro (3 weeks) then I may consider it.

Overall I am reasonably happy.
Shame about the backlight bleed but I would prefer that to dead pixels. That's why I won't take the risk of swapping it under DSR, just in case I end up with something worse.

Last edited:
Associate
I've gone back to my iiyama for the mo as I wanna test it out when I am fully awake, so far no dead pixels & the build quality & general feel of the monitor is far better than this iiyama or even my old dgm 24. I think teh stand is fine tbh but maybe the hazron one would be better but again its far superior than this E2773HDS I'm using here at teh mo :D

Associate
I

No buzzing noise when displaying certain web sites. (As used to happen on my Hazro HZ27WC)

An OSD (The Hazro didn't have one!)

None of the BIOS display issues reported by some people.

I did with my Hazro HZ27WC, only to see it "crash and burn" a week later.

What did you do with your Hazro? Do you recommend getting a DGM?

My Hazro buzzes often, won't display BIOS, first screen I've had with dead pixels and lot's of them and has 3 average sized bits of dust behind the non-glass panel but only visible when the background is white. The centre dead pixel and no BIOS support annoys me most.

Associate
What did you do with your Hazro? Do you recommend getting a DGM?

My Hazro buzzes often, won't display BIOS, first screen I've had with dead pixels and lot's of them and has 3 average sized bits of dust behind the non-glass panel but only visible when the background is white. The centre dead pixel and no BIOS support annoys me most.
Didn't realise that the dust problem affected non-glass versions as well. I didn't get that problem. The screen just went black. I could still see the backlight bleed but no picture. OcUK arranged collection of the Hazro and refunded my money.
I vowed never to buy a cheap IPS again and decided to wait for the release of the Dell U2713. Then GIBBO goes and negotiates a deal with Digimate and I just can't resist taking a chance on a 27" IPS with a 3 year warranty for £320.

Would I recommend a DGM? If you want perfection then I would say definitely not.
The DGM and Hazro are very similar but with the DGM you do get more connections, easier access to those connections, an On-Screen-Display and HDCP support. (Although I read somewhere that Hazro does support HDCP but do not mention it in their official literature.)

What I would say is if this DGM goes the same way as the Hazro then I will definitely not be buying another cheap IPS, no matter how Gibbo tries to tempt me with his "pre-order only" prices. I will save my money and wait for the Dell U2713.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I'm going to try them out now, seeing as it won't void warranty (main reason I bought it).

hope Gibbo posts some good news next week. obviously taking yo stuff apart aint great but the things that can go wrong are damaged plastics or you could break off a connector or drop the panel and crack the glass, all of which i'm sure wouldn't be covered by the warranty anyway. one of the rear grills was cracked straight out of the box, so i hope cosmetic damage is not too much of an issue if i ever have a back light fail or something in the future.

-------

ATi 7850, does kind of show BIOS but the screen just takes a few seconds to adust each time the display changes. so if your machine POSTs really quickly, then you may not even see the BIOS screen at all. i think if you dont get any display, just try hitting del or whatever you need to and see if the BIOS page comes up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, it's not too much of a loss if I have to send them back.

I have a crossover en route to Korea as a return, and haven't given an answer if I want a refund or replacement yet, so I can still go that way.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Real shame about the stands if an ram situation does arise then it means pulling the whole thing apart twice doubling the risk of something going wrong. And are d.gm gonna use this as a get out of jail free card... sorry you caused the damage when you removed the stand.

Perhaps ocuk could provide sstand removal?
That way we could be assured that the warranty is actually vali
d and worth the extra overbimported options.

Bloody predictive text grr

Back
Top Bottom