*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Soldato
Motherofgod.gif - Just updated m iPad3 to iOS6 but I have a nightmare scenario.

Somehow Accessbility is turned on and siri is dictating every sodding icon I click on. I have to double tap everything just to open up an app and can't scroll up or down because I end up selecting something, which in turn ends up being dictated.

My device is cripped and I cannot turn off Accessibility in Settings/General because I can't scroll to the bottom. How the hell did this feature even get turned on by default?!

Soldato
The new maps app is very poor. I'm really quite shocked by it. :( Readability isn't great and it gives as much prominence to Paddington station as it does to a petrol garage.

Fingers crossed that Google release Google Maps for iOS.

Soldato
The new maps app is very poor. I'm really quite shocked by it. :( Readability isn't great and it gives as much prominence to Paddington station as it does to a petrol garage.

Fingers crossed that Google release Google Maps for iOS.

What do you find so poor about it? Have you used it?

Also, Google have already said they are planning to release Google Maps for iOS, so you're good to go :)

Associate
Give me a second I am downloading it now will MD5 it for you! (The below is the extracted .ipsw) (MD5'd on MAcbook Air)

iPhone 4S MD5 is: e145b74b35bf789f82641f987d93e876
iPhone 4 MD5 is: 7323c6b0bac1a367d1ae59b2897b7e89
iPad 3 MD5 is: 13b22209529a8e21d5a87cc9e9e4ff3c
iPad 2 MD5 is: a0e685753cd7e49c8717d3947ece258a (WiFi ONLY)
ATV2 MD5 is: 096908a19096d14d0fdc6e12b9ab0c52

Is the iPhone 4 version hash for the GSM or CDMA phone?

Soldato
What do you find so poor about it? Have you used it?

Yes, I'm using the GM at the moment.

What I dislike:

- Train station names aren't written on the maps. You have to click on an icon to find out what the station name is.
- The station near where I work (Acton Central) is completely missing from Apple's maps!
- The footpath across the local park is displayed in the same colour as the roads. Impossible to tell whether you can drive down there.
- I find it harder to read road names. There's often superimposed over the lines of the road, one of top of the other.

And obviously there's no street view, but that doesn't bother me so much on a mobile device.

Soldato
Just got the ipsw.

I know nothing about iPhone's really I am just doing this for my dad.

When I put iOS 6 on will the text messages, email settings and so on all still be there?

Associate
Just got the ipsw.

I know nothing about iPhone's really I am just doing this for my dad.

When I put iOS 6 on will the text messages, email settings and so on all still be there?

Yes but you have to make sure you have a backup before you start, then restore using the IPSW then restore the backup.

Soldato
Well I updated my iPad 3 last night. All went well bar an accessbility option being turned on by default via a triple click on the home button. Siri is a cool addition. Not convinced by what I have seen on Maps so far and I miss streetview hugely.

I also later installed it on my iOS5 JB'd iPhone 4. That went smoothly too, so no real issues there. I just need to adapt to having the custom JB apps that made my phone a lot more of a joy to use previously.

Back
Top Bottom