Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
IMG_3715.jpg

Hey phill4321, how are you running the 2 micro servers?
I have one but I have filled it so now thinking about getting a 2nd micro server but not sure how to intergrate the 2 together? Are you running 2 separate os on both of them?
Cheers

Soldato
Sennheiser HD25-1 II

My mate has just got himself some Pioneer CD decks amongst some other kit and while we were discussing the spec list I persuaded him to spend a bit more on headphones and get the HD25-1 IIs.

I've not had much exposure to a lot of modern cans (I have HD202s and we have a couple of budget Sony/Senns at work) but I was utterly amazed at the amount of noise blocking capability of the HD25s.

I can stand about a metre away from speakers playing music at a fairly decent volume and can hear very very little! Well worth the money for that reason alone!

Associate
Some very nice set ups in here, wish i had the money, although set up a few tellys on wall mounts recently, friends got some great results on a small budget. So finally got around to ordering my own, with some floating shelves.

Spent the last week settting it up and finally looks respectable now. Very pleased with the results. (Camera is rubbish sorry...)

20092012639.jpg

20092012651.jpg

20092012654.jpg

Am still bit concerned with the cable trunking around the shelves looking untidy or should i say symmetrical but have been assured im just being pedantic.

Although the wooden panel at the bottom is slightly discoloured compared to cupboards, but for the sake of hiding them peskey plugs and cables it does the job.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
:D I can't wait! Too excited!! Going to be a while until everything is perfect... electric reclining pocket-sprung couches :)D) are on order for December :( and TV stand/AV rack thing is on an 8 week back-log :( Can't really wall mount the TV and mount or speaker stand the speakers until all that is here so I know how things will fit.

...but once it's all here :):):)

Caporegime
:D I can't wait! Too excited!! Going to be a while until everything is perfect... electric reclining pocket-sprung couches :)D) are on order for December :( and TV stand/AV rack thing is on an 8 week back-log :( Can't really wall mount the TV and mount or speaker stand the speakers until all that is here so I know how things will fit.

...but once it's all here :):):)

Very nice mate, I've the Yamaha V667 with the BX's as well. No centre speaker yet.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The Yamahas sound pretty nice don't they, great for movies as well as music. I wanted 5.1 from the get go to keep the same movie experience in this new house but was initially going to just buy BX1's and the centre & sub but I managed to haggle with the guys at Richer Sound and got an absolute steal on upgrading to the BX2s all round :D Heard them in the shop and they were epic! Can't wait to get them set up in the house... hope I have understanding neighbours ;)

Caporegime
The Yamahas sound pretty nice don't they, great for movies as well as music. I wanted 5.1 from the get go to keep the same movie experience in this new house but was initially going to just buy BX1's and the centre & sub but I managed to haggle with the guys at Richer Sound and got an absolute steal on upgrading to the BX2s all round :D Heard them in the shop and they were epic! Can't wait to get them set up in the house... hope I have understanding neighbours ;)

Yes mate they do sound great with both. You will need nice neighbours ;) I have my sub placed in the corner of the room and it never fails to bring a smile to my face :D BX2s as well though only 2 unlike your good self :) You have a cracking setup, enjoy it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nice! Did you go for the BX sub as well? I bet it's epic! I couldn't justify £500 for that straight away considering I've got everything else to buy for this house yet (still haven't got curtains or anything haha... priorities ;)) so went for the slightly older MSW10 for a fraction of the price as I'm sure, along with the speakers, it will be sufficient... for now :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice! Did you go for the BX sub as well? I bet it's epic! I couldn't justify £500 for that straight away considering I've got everything else to buy for this house yet (still haven't got curtains or anything haha... priorities ;)) so went for the slightly older MSW10 for a fraction of the price as I'm sure, along with the speakers, it will be sufficient... for now :D

Yes mate the BXW10 and the sound is fantastic, I have it placed in the corner of the room as well, so film soundtrack depending you can have a right old thump going on :D

Associate
Cables aren't tidied yet but I decided I had waited enough. Anthem MRX 500, 3 x MA Apex A40's, 2 x MA Apex A10's and a BK Monolith+ have made me grin from ear to ear :D

ARC really has made a difference too! I really didn't know what to expect but this really has blown my expectations! :)

Soldato
Cables aren't tidied yet but I decided I had waited enough. Anthem MRX 500, 3 x MA Apex A40's, 2 x MA Apex A10's and a BK Monolith+ have made me grin from ear to ear :D

ARC really has made a difference too! I really didn't know what to expect but this really has blown my expectations! :)

I want an Anthem amp. I have an antimode now as the Pioneer doesn't do anything with the sub EQ.

Associate
Updated my kit in the last few months....
CA S70 Floor standing
CA S50 Center
Onkyo Surrounds
Sony STR-DG820 Amp
Bluray HTPC
No Sub yet as we rent a 2nd floor flat

2my7spt.jpg

2cdiqt4.jpg

Soldato
agw_01 : Where did you get your stand please?

Sorry for the late response Martin, just returned from holiday.

It's an Ikea Besta (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40134050/)

Hope it's ok to link to that.

I originally wanted the Lack TV bench but looking at it in store, the lower platform was in no way big enough for my amp, let alone the rest of my stuff.

I needed something with a fair few shelves and they're adjustable too. There are no holes at the back to allow for cables so I had the rear panels removed at first but was worried about its stability. After making a few holes in the panels and refitting them, it's now much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom