Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Some slight changes since the last post..

added :
Wharfdale Diamond 10 series Sub ( I just couldn't get a BK over here unfortunately, maybe in the future)

new HTPC (Origen AE Sv10 case, SSD, Intel i5 3.3ghz, Asus HD 5450 Silent, Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3, Corsair Vengeance 8gb) -

That wasn't my first choice of board and CPU but I was quite limited as to which MATX MB I could find locally so I just went with it..The box is quiet, cool and fast.. perfect for the job. But for XBMC I did prefer the Windows MCE remote I had before to the Origen one. While you can set it up to function like the MCE in XBMC, its still not as practical. So I prefer the mouse or iPad. The case is quite deep so I had to mod the Ikea Besta to fit it, as I did with the Denon.

Both of the new additions fit in well aesthetically and are a great improvement over no sub and the Asus eeebox I was using previously :)

The rest is unchanged:

Samsung 7700 LED
Sony BDP
Denon AV-R2311
HP Microserver with 13TB
iPad 2 for XBMC Remote duties
MA Silver RX front, rear and centre

The environment was setup to be child proof.. but that hasn't stopped the little one putting things into the rear port on the speakers so I had to tape them up :(

Associate
The rear ports are designed to be blocked (with the supplied bungs)) depending on preference, and as there are front ports as well which are covered by the grill, I am not sure if there is any acoustic issue caused by gaffer taping the rearbung holes up.. I havent noticed anything :)

Soldato
Christmas came a bit early ;)

PJ.jpg

Associate
This is my ageing set up, still works a treat.

It is as toddler proof as I can currently make it.

viu1353258642e.jpg

The latest edition is the Xbox 360 which I got second hand from the lady who works in the shop over the road.

klz1353258759r.jpg

I have a turntable Project Debut 3 and a classic Rotel tape deck upstairs in my office. Just waiting for the kids to get through the wrecking age.

Soldato
Haven't posted here for a while, few new bits of kit since I last did I think!

Sorry for the angle, couldn't be arsed to get tripod out so rested it on something! And yes it's in a (quite big) bedroom!

IMG_4783.jpg

Toshiba 42XV555DB
Samsung Bluray
Toshiba HD-DVD (yeah I know)
Virgin V+ HD
Mac Mini running XBMC
Squeezebox 3
Beresford Caiman DAC (Into NAD)
Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver
NAD C352 stereo amp (being used as pre-amp)
Meridian 557 power amp (for the Kefs)
Kef Reference Model 3.2
Monitor Audio Bronze centre and rears
BK Monolith

Associate
Some nice set ups here,

I have the Sony 40" NX713, excellent TV. With an Onkyo 5.1 3405 package, excellent has DTS HD Master Audio, PS3, SKY HD 1 TB, Apple TV Gen 3. Not a bad set up at a modest price in comparison to some great set ups here, will get a photo up soon.

Soldato
Marv, to think that all those years ago you said "why spend all that money on hi-fi"

I bet you're glad you made the switch (your ears must thank you, but perhaps your wallet doesn't)

Associate
Is that the Rega Isis? I demoed an amp using that cd player and it scared me every time i can to change cd!

I wish it was :eek: It's an Apollo, great cd player for the money but mahoosivly out classed by the Isis. I've only been in the same room as an Isis and Osiris once and I know what you mean they are truly something to behold. Congrats on the sugden and even greater congratulations on having such an understanding wife :D

Back
Top Bottom