NAND on the way right up!! More expensive Flash and SSDs

Soldato
Hello

Well... Dark times lay ahead for SSD and Flash in terms of pricing. We have been lucky with very good value drives over the past few months with the prices being driven down.

The issue now however is that NAND in some cases has seen certain drives increase in price by as much as 20% :(

Our current stocks are being revalued now on a daily basis and the general trend is that it is all going up by a £ here and there.

So if you want some cheap SSDs you may not be able to get them for much longer.

I shouldnt imagine prices to drive too high, possibly 10% overall but companys such as OCZ who have had some major restructuring over the last few weeks will get hit hardest.

If your in the market for an SSD, sooner rather than later seems to be key here.

Soldato
OP
If it doesn't interest you to save a few £££s then, wait and pay more!

As for OCZ being hit the hardest, they are looing to make more money as making losses doesnt really work. The extent of it is that high that prices are getting driven up.

yes there is some stock out there at cheaper prices but just wait and they will clue on so your pools of cheap stock will soon dry up.

As for Q1 2013 ramping up, yes it will ramp up but as with everything, it takes 3 months to filter in fully so january sales wont hit until around march by then who knows what will have happened in between.

I have price lists in front of me, we are still below rebuy costs on a fair amount of lines. As stocks lower and approach a weeks worth of stock the prices will go up.

A simple case of "if you snooze, you lose".

Soldato
Theres been lots of deals around for ssds just lately for example 830 £129 also i wouldnt touch OCZ products with all the buisness problems there having at the moment.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
In fairness to AM, He is letting you know. which is more than you would ever get from other retailers.

its about being proactive not reactive.

A purchase of a Nand based product is something a lot of our customers consider to be an integral part of their computer shopping experience with us.

SSD is pretty much the defacto choice for any computer system now, it makes sense for us to communicate market shifts to you guys.

we do post about price crashes too, urging you to hold off if we anticipate a deal/price drop.

our market fluctuates much more aggressively than others at times and prices can go crazy literally overnight due to something as simple as production halting in a factory somewhere in the world!

the reason we let you know is because we would prefer our customers to have a decent amount of time to make their buying decisions.

this time last year, there was a 200% or more increase on the price of mechanical hard drives that AM warned you all about. the industry still hasn't fully recovered from that whole flood related disaster either. we gave everyone ample time to buy storage drives before the price became outrageous.

Associate
We all know we are going to buy our parts from OcUK, whether it be now or later, they are getting our money. Treat yourself now

Permabanned
Hello

Well... Dark times lay ahead for SSD and Flash in terms of pricing. We have been lucky with very good value drives over the past few months with the prices being driven down.

The issue now however is that NAND in some cases has seen certain drives increase in price by as much as 20% :(

Our current stocks are being revalued now on a daily basis and the general trend is that it is all going up by a £ here and there.

So if you want some cheap SSDs you may not be able to get them for much longer.

I shouldnt imagine prices to drive too high, possibly 10% overall but companys such as OCZ who have had some major restructuring over the last few weeks will get hit hardest.

If your in the market for an SSD, sooner rather than later seems to be key here.

ocuk have been saying that for months (I can pull up the threads if needs be), Is this a ploy to scare people into buying ssd's or something?

Soldato
We had this thread a month or two ago. Prices stayed the same and/or fell a tiny bit. So what makes you so sure you will not be wrong again?

Associate
Can I just say thanks for the heads up, just so you know this info is appreciated. No ones forcing anyone to buy anything, if you think you'd be better off waiting, wait. If AM puts out info that turns out wrong consistently or majorly then start moaning.

Back
Top Bottom