1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAND on the way right up!! More expensive Flash and SSDs

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Andrew Moore, 25 Oct 2012.

1. BWoolley

Associate

Lucky I'm buying one this week then :) if nothing happens to the prices then oh well, Captain Hindsight is too late by then.

2. Squid

Hitman

OCZ who have had some major restructuring ........
    More likely to about to fill for chapter 11

I would not be buying any ocz products as warranty would be void pretty soon (Opinion).
    As the mismanagement, cooking its accounts and getting sued leading to stock down 80% on one year ago.

But if they go under old stock might get sold cheap....( Just like the ram sale )

3. Destination

Capodecina

Interesting.
    Good info, but quite interesting you state you are revaluing your current stocks ona daily basis, its hardly like the stock price has gone up.
    Reaplcement cost to you might have increased, but if they are in stock, then they are in stock, and cost what you have paid for them, not what they cost to replace in stock.

4. leoncao

Gangster

Thanks.
    If OCZ really want to increase the price they will just su*k harder :/ They just do not have the leverage.

5. ReekiTiki

Gangster

glad i bought my ssd when i did :D

6. Locky

Capodecina

The quarterly scare mongering thread.

7. Cupra

Sgarrista

Its the yearly price increase due to christmas shocker

8. arknor

Caporegime

The last one was spot on :p buy now everything is going up :D we cant afford to sell at this price much longer :D

oh wait sales everywhere :p

9. Nickolp1974

Soldato

Glad i just got mine then.;)

10. Type_R

Soldato

Lol this recurring theme of OMG prices are going up....no wait....they just went down again...is getting just a little boring.

Anyone who has been buying computer products for any period of their life knows most things in computers only ever go in one direction when it comes to price, thats down, especially with something like hdds, unless there is a natural disaster!

It's true SSD prices are going up, but only on OCUK's website, everywhere else they are static. Perhaps you need to change your suppliers ;)

11. Monkeynut

Soldato

At the end of the day, manufacturing is going in the direction such that we see die shrinks every 1 to 2 years or so, giving a near halving in £ per GB each time, so prices cannot stay high forever.

12. Durzel

Soldato

It's not like a profit-seeking business would ever spread FUD to drum up sales or anything is it? The mere concept is ludicrous!

Crucial M4s are the cheapest I've ever seen them, just sayin'

13. Mr Krugga

Sgarrista

This. Buy now, or don't, the prices are guaranteed to drop at some point anyway. SATA 3 is pretty much fully saturated now, so we will most likely see higher capacity SSDs for less in the next year.

14. Durzel

Soldato

Everything is moving towards SSDs, if it isn't already there. Short of some kind of disaster like that which befell HDD manufacturers the trend is surely going to continue downwards. Yes there will be seasonable blips, but that's predictable.

The only reason it wouldn't would be if there was some kind of cartel in effect. Multiple competing companies offering SSDs to an ever increasing market will compete to drive down the price.

15. FragnaticDeath

Gangster

Thanks Andrew for the warning. Last year you saved me a lot of money when it came for a mechanical drive. :)

16. arknor

Caporegime

that was because of a tsunami.

i dont see anything that suggests nand prices are going to rise other than christmas gouging

17. Mr Krugga

Sgarrista

Lol no.

18. sexyhyde

Gangster

Dinosaurs?

19. Mr Krugga

Sgarrista

Flooding in Thailand, for the most part.

20. Sasahara

Mobster

It's a pretty standard retail practise to set your prices on replacement stock prices when they go up. Particularly in competative markets like PC parts where margins are small.