Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Man of Honour
Well that was fun, it was a great game until we went down to 10 then 9.
I'm not going to bother arguing whether either sending off was justified, but I will say the officials today were utterly pathetic.
You don't mind if they apply their interpretation of the rules to both sides, no matter how odd, but today was a joke.
There were far too many occasions when we got away with a nudge or barge and Man.U. were pulled for it or they time wasted (in the 1st half!) and we did later on, Rooney should've seen a 2nd yellow late on btw but didn't for some reason (only Clattenburg knows) and Fergie knew he was on thin ice hence pulling him.
Chucking stuff at pea was out of order, but he's been in England long enough to know that if you bait any fans like he did you're going to get it, so **** him.
The steward hurt himself by the way.
It's a shame it's all about the decisions, it was a proper game of football with 2 good attacking sides v 2 comical defences. Speaking of which Man.U. have to get rid of De Gea, he's an utter liability who installs no confidence in his defence & can't kick a ball, which is odd seeing as he's so good at saving with his feet.

Associate
You only mentioned excessive force. Of course the challenge was careless - he missed the ball and kicked Torres.

I didn't misunderstand. You said you didn't mind players going to ground if they were fouled and are now accepting Torres was fouled therefore you don't mind if he went to ground.

Reread my post. I said 'let themselves go down'. In other words, they don't have to resist the force in order to keep themselves on their feet.

The difference with Torres was that the foul was not enough for him to lose his balance - he actively threw himself to the ground.

That's the key difference which needs to be recognised and addressed.

Associate
Well that was fun, it was a great game until we went down to 10 then 9.
I'm not going to bother arguing whether either sending off was justified, but I will say the officials today were utterly pathetic.
You don't mind if they apply their interpretation of the rules to both sides, no matter how odd, but today was a joke.
There were far too many occasions when we got away with a nudge or barge and Man.U. were pulled for it or they time wasted (in the 1st half!) and we did later on, Rooney should've seen a 2nd yellow late on btw but didn't for some reason (only Clattenburg knows) and Fergie knew he was on thin ice hence pulling him.
Chucking stuff at pea was out of order, but he's been in England long enough to know that if you bait any fans like he did you're going to get it, so **** him.
The steward hurt himself by the way.
It's a shame it's all about the decisions, it was a proper game of football with 2 good attacking sides v 2 comical defences. Speaking of which Man.U. have to get rid of De Gea, he's an utter liability who installs no confidence in his defence & can't kick a ball, which is odd seeing as he's so good at saving with his feet.

Deluded :)

Soldato
I loved it when Evans fouled Torres and is ****ting himself, looks tentatively towards the ref and then... yup, Torres second yellow :p

Don

What needs to be addressed is the way officials don't give fouls if a player stays on his feet. A foul can be committed without a player going to ground - unfortunately officials don't understand this and as a result players will exaggerate.

Don
De Gea was brilliant today, he fluffed one kick but that was it

He was at fault for Chelsea's first. He lined the wall up to cover his left hand side then at the last minute he took a gamble on Mata going to his left, which gave him no chance of recovering.

Man of Honour
De Gea was brilliant today, he fluffed one kick but that was it

Brilliant? not really, he made a couple of great reaction saves granted.
He has absolutely no presence in what should be his area, he's nowhere to be seen on corners and every time he had the ball Evans & Rio had to skirt round the area looking for it even when under pressure, it was blatantly obvious his defence have no confidence in him.

Associate
He was at fault for Chelsea's first. He lined the wall up to cover his left hand side then at the last minute he took a gamble on Mata going to his left, which gave him no chance of recovering.

Agreed, the first thing a keeper should be concentrating on is the opposite side of where the wall is covering, if it goes over the wall and in then it's a great free kick.

To suggest we should get rid of him for that and a bad kick is utterly ridiculous though.

Back
Top Bottom