• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£22.80 to post back a graphics card for RMA?

Soldato
Posting this in here, as it's a graphics card :p

Is this normal? GTX 670 for RMA to gigabyte in Milton Keynes. Local post office, recorded delivery with insurance for value of £350. £22.80! Seems veeeery steep to me. Have post office ripped me off?

Permabanned
Posting this in here, as it's a graphics card :p

Is this normal? GTX 670 for RMA to gigabyte in Milton Keynes. Local post office, recorded delivery with insurance for value of £350. £22.80! Seems veeeery steep to me. Have post office ripped me off?

This is the UK, Highest taxes in the world. Rip off Britain.

So it sounds about right:(

Soldato
OP
Hmmm. I did raise an eyebrow when he said. I put the gcard box in another box as they have stipulated this for the RMA. He said it was the size and weight and the £350 value that made it so pricey...

Soldato
OP
It's using parcel force, so I've been told before that insurance is wise!

Still seems pricey but about right then, looking at other replies. Rip off Britain indeed.

Associate
Your PO ripped you off. RMSD (which by default has insurance for 500GBP) should cost 10GBP. You probably paid for Parcelforce or something, which is way costlier.

Associate
Checkout parcel monkey; if the box is not too large its 7.07 and insurance afaik is about 1% of the value. They seem more worried about size than weight.

Soldato
OP
Your PO ripped you off. RMSD (which by default has insurance for 500GBP) should cost 10GBP. You probably paid for Parcelforce or something, which is way costlier.

It was parcel force as I mentioned above. I asked for the cheapest way to send recorded delivery, with insurance up to £350. Bah, might have to go and steal some 'lollies' to redress the balance ;)

I am joking....

Soldato
If you know the parcel weighs above 2KG, they the price rockets to £24.50, like gregster said, use parcels2go and ship by courier if it's heavier.

Check here >> http://www.postoffice.co.uk/special-delivery#prices

28470832.jpg

Soldato
lol, I used Parcelfriend to pick up and deliver (next day) a case weighing 9kg for RMA. £8.99.

Shop around :)

Obviously, you'll have to pay a bit more if you want it insured for the value.

Back
Top Bottom