Noob looking for social gaming

Associate
Saying ‘Hi’ as well as reaching out for online gaming comrades, thought I’d roll both into one thread and place it here instead…

I have recently purchased a decent rig from OcUK, upgrading from console to PC gaming.
I've very little in the way of PC Gaming stripes to speak of and whilst I realise this may make me a less appealing candidate what I lack in experience I can make up for in maturity and therefore a willingness to listen and learn - hopefully developing into a contributing member of a group given the right environment and assistance.
I'm looking for a good bunch who can accommodate me in this way and offer good social gaming and maybe some competitive depending how I get on.

A little about myself;
Location - Bouncing between North Wales and Cheshire
Home owner
Full time job
Particularly enjoy FPS and RPG's
Available most week nights and weekends
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:57217901

I’m mostly trying to scale the sheer face of a learning curve CS:GO has to a newcomer like me, when I’m not doing that I’m wandering around Skyrim gawping at the graphics on my new rig.
Looking forward to getting home later to step into the shoes of a certain Agent 47! :cool:

Associate
OP
My Steam library is rather humble at this early stage, i've already completed Sleeping Dogs and Hotline Miami.
Waiting for Natural Selection 2 to be patched as i'm still currently experiencing the red disconnect plug.

How does one achieve such a useful signature?

Associate
a lot of the valve games are a good way to start off. Maybe buy yourself a valve complete pack? Saying that, it's normally massively discounted around Christmas time so maybe better to try then.

Some highlights out of the pack (for me) are Half Life 2+Episodes, Portal 1+2 and L4D as mentioned above :)

Associate
OP
Yeah that's what i had in mind, waiting for the next sale.

So does anybody else play CS:GO and NS2 and would be willing to take me under their wing?

Soldato
WarZ is going quite strong here, ask for a guest key in the official thread, a lot of people play it who will help you learn it and team up to survive. It's an extremely well optimized game too, so pretty much any rig on hardware this side of 07 will max it at any resolution.

Associate
OP
WarZ is going quite strong here, ask for a guest key in the official thread, a lot of people play it who will help you learn it and team up to survive. It's an extremely well optimized game too, so pretty much any rig on hardware this side of 07 will max it at any resolution.

I'll check it out when i get home, cheers.

Permabanned
It's hard these days to find a good community and get a close circle of online friends to play games with.

OCUK is pretty good though and just joining the steam groups and posting on the threads is a good start.

Associate
ive done exactly the same thing also about 6 months plus ago this is a great site full of info and lots of helpful advice add me on steam i will play some games with ya.

Associate
OP
give league of legends a try

free and its a great rpg/strategy game

trust me if you wanna play / know more about it

I did download and attempt to play this, however i kept getting the 'Attempting to Reconnect' message in game.
Started off intermittently and then after 3 mins say, it would stop me from playing and take around 60 seconds for the game to catch up with itself.
I've never had a problem with online gaming before, still - i set my PC to a static IP and placed it into DMZ.
Still can't play the game without seeing this issue?

Soldato
If you have BF3, the CQ247 guys on here (speak to LtMatt) have a teamspeak server where there is much banter and some decent gameplay for players of all skill levels. There's pretty much always someone on there for a bit of a mix-up, and occasionally the odd organised skirmish with other communities or eachother. BF3 isn't such a purist game as CS, so you might find it a bit more accessible while you adapt to KB & Mouse controls.

Associate
I did download and attempt to play this, however i kept getting the 'Attempting to Reconnect' message in game.
Started off intermittently and then after 3 mins say, it would stop me from playing and take around 60 seconds for the game to catch up with itself.
I've never had a problem with online gaming before, still - i set my PC to a static IP and placed it into DMZ.
Still can't play the game without seeing this issue?

Not sure whats happening there tbh, guy who emntioned PMB i always disable that whenever it launches on my PC rams the bandwidth and it dosent stop LOL for me hmm

maybes delete it all off your pc, re-download and try again?

Back
Top Bottom