*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
How are you running the 2 monitors from the Macbook? I am tempted to upgrade for the new port if it works well as I edit video most days, How do you find it?

Alex

The rMBP has an HDMI connection and two Thunderbolt connections. That's how he's connecting the monitors.

I'll going from HDMI to DVI for my Hazro monitor when my item finally arrives.

Permabanned
How are you running the 2 monitors from the Macbook? I am tempted to upgrade for the new port if it works well as I edit video most days, How do you find it?

Alex

Mine with the new RMBP - love it :D

IMG_3828.jpg

cool.

Associate
Im using 2x dual link display adapters which connect to the dual thunderbolt ports on the RMBP.

This allows me to run the monitors at their native 2560 x1600 res

The RMBP's a beast and runs both monitors with ease , no slowdown or anything.

Great machine.

Associate
PKJnR.jpg

Macbook, Macbook Air, Ipad 1,2 & 3, ipod classic, iphone 4

Just needs a 27" display to add to that - *starts saving :(

Last edited:

GeX

GeX

Soldato

Alex

I used use the Display Port connections on my setup but since running some networking cable into the office I've had to change to using one DisplayPort and one HDMI -> DVI (the ethernet adaptor hogs the other DisplayPort/Thundebolt connection)

Soldato
I used use the Display Port connections on my setup but since running some networking cable into the office I've had to change to using one DisplayPort and one HDMI -> DVI (the ethernet adaptor hogs the other DisplayPort/Thundebolt connection)

My mum had same problem with hers then she got a usb3 to gigabit Ethernet adapter from the rainforest (which is plugged into a usb3 hub) , which freed up the second thunderbolt port,now she has two screens again :d

Last edited:

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I still have both screens, but am bugged by the HDMI port being on the otherside of the MBP to the rest of the wires - so may do that too. One concern, can it use that ethernet adapter whilst power napping (mine backs up to TimeMachine overnight when plugged in there)

Soldato
I still have both screens, but am bugged by the HDMI port being on the otherside of the MBP to the rest of the wires - so may do that too. One concern, can it use that ethernet adapter whilst power napping (mine backs up to TimeMachine overnight when plugged in there)

Yeh it works fine. She had the same problem, HDMI is no good for using real screens.

Back
Top Bottom