What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
12 is big heavy and will take space. A poor box will have no efficiency so will grate against you when you come to accept you could have had so much more performance for the sacrifices you made

Hence clever box and tiny drivers for me :D

Soldato
Sorry, not a clue. Car audio is such a dead art that practically anything good has to be made as it is all geared to cater for muppets who want bright colours and noise

Last time I looked there were a few slot port 8s on eBay but not details about spec

My brother and I made a couple 12 inch sub boxes a few years ago for a big loud system for him to use at uni. With a couple jbl 12s, proper boxes and about 400rms each (ie not a lot by ice standards) its enough to be overwhelming in a large indoor environment and still does well outdoors too

Basically 12 inch subs in car are for show, unless you're an spl junkie.

Soldato
Took the car out for a drive again, with the roof down of course.

Came back to it in the car park and noticed the drivers sill is now looking like this;

IMG_20130113_145535.jpg

think i will have to get this sort very soon indeed :(

Permabanned
Gave it a quick wash, it was only when I was standing there with a bucket that I realised it was covered with snow :( That was a very quickly done wash.

Bought a pile of service items from Eurocarparts, except oil which is really expensive on there at the moment.

Had a headlight bulb go so bought some Nightbreaker Plus to see what they are like. Should have fixed it this weekend really but suffering from lack of sleep, turns out they don't have them in stock in Stoke anyway.

Soldato
Managed to get a 25kg sack of salt off the work men near me. Just laid half a bag on my driveway so hopefully there will be no snow on my drive when i finish work.

My drive goes up in a spiral, so will be a bugger if there is any snow on it later.

Will do my Eddie Stobart narrator impersonation whilst reversing up it later :p

Dup

Dup

Soldato
That's not too bad, I'll add it to the list.

Sadly the GTi is back in at VW after having it back for 10 miles. They replaced the thrust sensor but after 10 miles I was getting fuel cuts after 3.5krpm again. Basically it just won't rev any further especially at higher speeds. Worried it might be the high pressure fuel pump & cam follower, which can damage the intake cam if it's an earlier revision. Not a good start for a car I've hardly done 100 miles in yet :(

Don
Picked up a new bonnet and bumper on the weekend, my bumper was reversed into a few years ago and despite being fixed, doesn't quite sit flush. A second hand one came up cheap, so I'll just get this resprayed.

Bonnet has a small rust patch on it, so picked up a new bonnet too.

*just managed to fit them in the car!

bonnet-bumper-boot-a.jpg

bonnet-bumper-boot-b.jpg

bumper.jpg

I'll look into getting them sprayed and fitted when my finances are a bit healthier

Back
Top Bottom