What have you done to your car today?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Details plz

Picked up a 2006 MKV GTi. Not pics of my own due not not owning it very long before VW needed to look at it. It's done 110k although doesn't look too bad for it. I needed a hatchback again due to pretty much having a family of my own now and I wanted something as quick as my old CTR but with some creature comforts.

VW are replacing the thrust sensor which should solve the fuel cut issue I had after getting it home.

xChmG.jpg
INDfC.jpg

Options on it are:
Highline MFD
Xenons
Sunroof
Dual Climate
Rear parking sensors
Heated leather seats
DSG

White is evidently a very rare colour for the MKV GTi. It feels like a much more luxurious car than any I have had, huge step up from the MX5 as a daily car as you would expect but I do miss the RWD. I will get one again, but as a weekend/track car to play with in the garage. I'm quite liking the comfort and toys which more than make up for it. Getting old :(

Stands me at £6.5k which is not bad money for what it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice spec on that GTI, xenons too. Good buy I'd say. As with every MK5 golf though (bar the 30 ed) I'd get the bottom half of the rear bumper matched to the car colour as it is just a horrible grey normally!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Nice spec on that GTI, xenons too. Good buy I'd say. As with every MK5 golf though (bar the 30 ed) I'd get the bottom half of the rear bumper matched to the car colour as it is just a horrible grey normally!

Definitely on the cards in the future along with a wheel refurb (or some Ed 30 prescara BBS). I hate this about them as it makes it looks like any other MKV model aside from the red piping at the front. I would have loved to picked up an edition 30 but they seem to hold value very well, 10k plus for a decent one it seems.

Only two options it's really missing are the multi-fuction wheel and cruise control. Having the full MFD means they should be a cheap and easy retrofit if I fancied it though.

Soldato
Definitely on the cards in the future along with a wheel refurb (or some Ed 30 prescara BBS). I hate this about them as it makes it looks like any other MKV model aside from the red piping at the front. I would have loved to picked up an edition 30 but they seem to hold value very well, 10k plus for a decent one it seems.

Only two options it's really missing are the multi-fuction wheel and cruise control. Having the full MFD means they should be a cheap and easy retrofit if I fancied it though.

I would definitely get cruise control retro fitted at some point.

Associate
Passed the running in period at long last, not that I stuck to it religiously anyway.

IMG_20130111_143306.jpg

Soldato
Took some photos of it for an ad...

God I'm going to miss her if she eventually sells - Wrong time of year at the moment, will probably end up keeping it for another year.

modnE.jpg

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Took my mate to B&Q in my 5 today, Got some funny looks when I got in being 6ft 5 my mate being 6ft 2 & him carrying 4 lengths of wood & a bag of bits & bobs. :D

Can't believe B&Q don't cut your wood down anymore & of course I got the classic Health & Safety quoted at me, Oh the RAGE :mad: + :p

Soldato

The RNS sat nav/media would make a nice addition.

Does look decent condition considering the mileage. And +1 you got xenons, as these would have been expensive to retrofit and not as common an option as you might think. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? :)

Also interested how the dsg is going after such mileage as you always here horror stories about having to replace the gearbox etc? :o

EDIT:

Going to have to wash and clean my car tomorrow after getting stuck behind a concrete dumper truck thing this morning, whole car is splattered in what is either spray/road dirt/god knows. It's happened before so hopefully it will come off easily with the pressure washer and warm shampoo. I kept a good distance away as well. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing exciting done today; the car has a compressor and bottle of gunk instead of a spare tyre, I noticed the other day that the gunk had passed its expiry date by 2 years, so bought a new one and fitted it.

Soldato
Cleaned the leather with some Autoglym stuff. Got rid of the dullness, but I think the only way to deal with wrinkly leather is to hand it over to somebody who knows what they are doing :(

Light colour leather = murder to keep clean looking.

Man of Honour
Picked up a 2006 MKV GTi. Not pics of my own due not not owning it very long before VW needed to look at it. It's done 110k although doesn't look too bad for it. I needed a hatchback again due to pretty much having a family of my own now and I wanted something as quick as my old CTR but with some creature comforts.

VW are replacing the thrust sensor which should solve the fuel cut issue I had after getting it home.

Options on it are:
Highline MFD
Xenons
Sunroof
Dual Climate
Rear parking sensors
Heated leather seats
DSG

White is evidently a very rare colour for the MKV GTi. It feels like a much more luxurious car than any I have had, huge step up from the MX5 as a daily car as you would expect but I do miss the RWD. I will get one again, but as a weekend/track car to play with in the garage. I'm quite liking the comfort and toys which more than make up for it. Getting old :(

Stands me at £6.5k which is not bad money for what it is.

Get the RNS510 media/nav unit, worth every penny. Also bluetooth unit is easy to install but both do need coding. Sign up to www.mk5golfgti.co.uk if not done so already :)

Back
Top Bottom