*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
OP
Also going full AP soraka - is it me or does she still not do a huge amount of damage? Shes quickly becoming my fav support over Leona (never thought id see the day), but her damage is questionable (basically Leona does no damage and whilst shes a good tank I'm finding at my elo theres just a need for the support to be a damage dealer aswell)

Support should always be poking or disuading the opponents ad from last hits :) but as a damage dealer i'm not so sure. Soraka with her silence is quite potent for that though and she can keep feeding the ad carry with mana as well.

Sona is probably my favourite, just because her Q chord in particular does a nice amount of damage on the 3rd Q. But her chords in general I just find useful. Soraka's heal is insane but unlike taric or sona she only does a single heal and the cooldown isn't great

Associate
man that double IP weekend was sex, got so much IP out of it! 300+IP for some games - LOL!

Anyone seen that AP trynd build floating around, some guy is literally dominating with it.
Also going full AP soraka - is it me or does she still not do a huge amount of damage? Shes quickly becoming my fav support over Leona (never thought id see the day), but her damage is questionable (basically Leona does no damage and whilst shes a good tank I'm finding at my elo theres just a need for the support to be a damage dealer aswell)

Support's shouldn't be building damage, if you find that your team is lacking damage then they're building wrong or are behind the enemy team.

Associate
AP Trynd sounds so stupid, but admittedly not having realised how absurd his AP ratios are with the two specific moves that scale off AP, it actually sounds possible. I'd love to try it just for lols, but I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off!

Soldato
Support's shouldn't be building damage, if you find that your team is lacking damage then they're building wrong or are behind the enemy team.

welcome to my elo.
Sona is probably my favourite, just because her Q chord in particular does a nice amount of damage on the 3rd Q. But her chords in general I just find useful. Soraka's heal is insane but unlike taric or sona she only does a single heal and the cooldown isn't great

Might try Sona out forgot about her Q, that has good damage ratio.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't done it, but checking in the store, seems quite straight forward and doesn't cost anything. Certainly for me to transfer to EU Nordic & East.

There are quite a few folk from OcUK who have come together in the chat channel and play together, so you won't struggle to find people.

Only problem is, I miss the chat quite a lot. So best thing is just add me in game, and send a message to me, as the client will be highlighted when someone sends message/game invite.

Ingame name - Lifé. I'll be in OcUK channel anyway, so can add via there.

jfp

jfp

Associate
I haven't done it, but checking in the store, seems quite straight forward and doesn't cost anything. Certainly for me to transfer to EU Nordic & East.

There are quite a few folk from OcUK who have come together in the chat channel and play together, so you won't struggle to find people.

Only problem is, I miss the chat quite a lot. So best thing is just add me in game, and send a message to me, as the client will be highlighted when someone sends message/game invite.

Ingame name - Lifé. I'll be in OcUK channel anyway, so can add via there.

Ah is that why your not in mumble a lot? Why is AP tryndamere creating havoc? I imagine it means having a silly powerful world-wind attack and ridiculous heals but otherwise...

Soldato
OP
Fantastic game last night, the other team started with support/ad top which lost us the first tower very quickly. But from that the game developed to a very close fought contest where it was all on the last team fight which we won and the game. If we had lost that team fight we'd have lost the game. Very intense but one of the reasons I love this game :)

jfp

jfp

Associate
Fantastic game last night, the other team started with support/ad top which lost us the first tower very quickly. But from that the game developed to a very close fought contest where it was all on the last team fight which we won and the game. If we had lost that team fight we'd have lost the game. Very intense but one of the reasons I love this game :)

Ad carry and support top? Did your ad carry and support go top as well then?

Soldato
OP
It is always an interesting dilema. So we go to bot lane and find we are against Olaf, do we at that point recall and lose farm/xp or do we aim to deny the Olaf as much as we can during this phase. The other team on the other hand are setup for a lane push so use ad/support and Jungle to get that Top tower down. If we had swapped we would then have again found ourselves against Olaf and our Bot tower would be lost. Ultimately our decision proved correct - losing top tower was a pain but they didn't gain that much and if anything Olaf lost out and the ad/support spent more time wandering around :)

Good game though :)

Soldato
Olaf and other tanky chars are the usual. Remember these are the pros though and I doubt the majority of normal players would even be able to handle the heat well, and they rarely turrent hug there pretty much balls to the wall 2v1 fighting and doing really well out of it.

Associate
Probably had the most face-role match I've ever played last night. Was playing with four of mates, whom which are all level 30 with several hundred wins, but we were somehow matched against the most garbage players I've ever seen. In the end we thought they must have trolled the game because they did so badly and they, coincidently or not, had all picked champions on the free rotation. Now, after the match we noticed all but one of them had several hundred wins as well -- a couple even had a few thousand normal wins. They didn't make it obvious they were trolling during the match and they didn't say anything, but to finish the match with the team scores at 27/1 to us is just utterly ridiculous.

Associate
I've been playing Malphite solo top from level 10-15 so far and really enjoy it. There are a few people that suggest he can also be a good jungler, which I've found a build for.

My question is: what do you actually do in the jungle? Is there a sort of route you should follow to continually farm mobs and then look for ganks etc while doing so? Also, what's the deal with the blue and reds? Are these always given to the jungler?

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Ohhh blimey, well the route of a jungler can easily be googled. In terms of the Blue - depending on the champion if he needs blue to keep his mana going then as jungler you take the first one. Generally the second and subsequent ones go to the ap mid and you as jungler would indicate when it is ready and assist the mid todo that. The rest of the jungle is yours although sometimes if ad is in trouble they will take your Golems they may also request the red but that is your call. It's quite a challenging role - particularly the ganking side and you won't always get a lot of love for the role.

re Malphite and I saw someone mention Shen earlier - both these champions at the ELO I play in draft 1200-1500 are regular bans so probably worth trying a different champ out :)

Tals

ps not sure if Mcknight is still monitoring this but if he is he is a good jungler and he is always happy to help people learn this role

jfp

jfp

Associate
What tals said :) junglers I have found good include sejuani, skarner, maokai, amumu, malphite and nocturne. All are different in there own rights. First thing I would do is get a few jungling masteries sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom