• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Open BETA Benching.

Soldato
Downscaled from 1440p, all very high, SMAA low.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4373, 103429, 35, 51, 42.280

crysis3beta1440p.png

Seemed perfectly playable to me, very smooth. IIRC, Crysis has always been OK at slightly lower fps. Looks great as well.

I should probably try the optimised driver for this but downscaling looks like a faff with all the 2013 cats. Setting up AB and downscaling after installing any new driver is a bit of a PITA.

Caporegime
Wrong in what way? :confused:

Has anyone tried messing with the AMD tessers optimizer in this yet? IIRC C2 had unnecessarily overblown tessers.

It is known that Nvidia have the upper hand (at least till AMD have this fully optomised). Not looking for an argument but just wish reviewers would report fairly.

Caporegime
OP
Crysis-3-MP-Beta-Grafikkarten-Test-1920x1080-1xAA-PCGH.png

Good to see these early benchmarks are wrong.... This is why I hate review sites.

It is known that Nvidia have the upper hand (at least till AMD have this fully optomised). Not looking for an argument but just wish reviewers would report fairly.

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but it depends on what Drivers those benches are done on, don't forget if its pre 13.2 B4 (only 2 days since released) you can add some performance to those benches on the AMD side. and the standard 7970 is already even with the GTX 680 in that slide.

Do you have a link to where that slide came from?

PS: i also can't see how the 7950 Boost Edition is retty much no better than the 7870 while the standard 7970 is 25% faster than that 7950BE, something not right there.... :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
They are using 13.2 beta 3 and 313.96 drivers (latest I believe). I was just curious to see if any site had done any benchmarks and wanted to compare them to what we have all done and they certainly don't tally up.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Crysis-3-PC-235317/Tests/Crysis-3-Beta-Test-Erste-Benchmarks-1046328/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCrysis%2B3%2Bbeta%2Bbenchmarks%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1835%26bih%3D737&sa=X&ei=bmYNUeiTOuid0AWU2IGoDQ&ved=0CHMQ7gEwBw

German site but translates very well.

Thanks, yeah B3 is pre optimased.

There is a problem benching a game in Multiplayer, its impossible to actually get accurate comparisons, i think the best we can say for it is we can get a rough idea.

Look at that 7870 vs 7950BE vs 7970.

A 7950BE clocked at 925Mhz;- 5% faster than a 7870 (35% less SP's) Clocked at 1000Mhz, that same 7950BE;- 25% slower than a 7970 (20% more SP's) clocked at the same speed.

Just utterly wrong.... miles out :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If like me your getting really annoyed by the insane mouse acceleration in this game do this...

Paste in to notepad

i_mouse_accel 0
i_mouse_smooth 0
i_mouse_accel_max 0

Save in; Program Files (x86) / Origin Games / Crysis 3 MP Open Beta, as 'autoexec.cfg'
set the file type to 'All Files' not .txt

Done! stupid thing....

Last edited:
Soldato
If like me your getting really annoyed by the insane mouse acceleration in this game do this...

Paste in to notepad

Save in; Program Files (x86) / Origin Games / Crysis 3 MP Open Beta, as 'autoexec.cfg'
set the file type to 'All Files' not .txt

Done! stupid thing....

Thanks I also have
cl_fov 90
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 90
r_drawnearfov 90

Caporegime
OP
Thanks I also have
cl_fov 90
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 90
r_drawnearfov 90

yup, whatever works, that mouse acceleration is just ridiculous. the first time i set it i could actual hold the gun steady, the first round using it i went right to the top of the round leader board.

Am i cheating by using this? possibly, but mouse acceleration in FPS, no.. i'm sorry thats not right.

I hope they have a Raw Mouse Input Option in the full game, you can not have that sort of unnatural inaccurate mouse movement in FPS, no way....

Associate
CPU: i5 2500k @4.4gz

GPU: evga 570gtx standard card

1920 x 1080P
SMAA: 1x
AF: 16x
All GFX settings: High

Avg: 45.535 - Min: 24 - Max: 62

Runs fine but shame the game is pretty bad and there is something funky going on with mouse acceleration.

Also making me want to upgrade my gpu. Are there any new cards coming out soon 7xx gtx or 8xxx amd?

Caporegime
OP
Not until very late this year ^^^

Shotgun class is totally OP, 2 times as fast as anyone, invisibility that just never drains.

And people are starting to notice it, Shotgun now outnumber Rifle players, its already starting to turn into run and gun with Shotguns.

If they don't fix that every round will be every player nothing but Shotgun class running around at 90Mph, invisible.

Just that on its own has the potential to completely destroy the game, from total success to total failure.

Shotgun needs nerfing, a lot.

Soldato
Hopefully they balance certain things out after the beta :)
I mentioned the OP shotguns on my C3 video i uploaded the other day, hoping nobody would twig :D I'm guessing they have :p

Edit: Going on a little rant, why is it on FPS games certain types of people will only really use typically overpowered setup/classes? BF3 for example, Assault is the most overused class in the game - has some of the most powerful/easiest to use guns in the game - why do people continue to run around with it? M16A3 used to be most used, till it got a tiny nerf - now its the M416. Challenge yourself! It's more fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom