• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Open BETA Benching.

Caporegime
OP
Hopefully they balance certain things out after the beta :)
I mentioned the OP shotguns on my C3 video i uploaded the other day, hoping nobody would twig :D I'm guessing they have :p

Edit: Going on a little rant, why is it on FPS games certain types of people will only really use typically overpowered setup/classes? BF3 for example, Assault is the most overused class in the game - has some of the most powerful/easiest to use guns in the game - why do people continue to run around with it? M16A3 used to be most used, till it got a tiny nerf - now its the M416. Challenge yourself! It's more fun!

For the same reason some people resort to cheating, because it makes the game easy for them, having fun while playing a game is not their primary interest, some are actually far more interested about how their game stats look to others.

Look at the endless; look at me, look at my stats, am i a god or what.... threads on Gaming forums.

FPS shooters attract Kids, that's why all of them are becoming dumbed down.

CoD. ;)

BF3 always has an OP weapon to keep them happy, they call some of these strange weapons OP behaviors glitches, but every-time one is apparently fixed, another one appears, fixed, and then another one.....
There predefined engineered glitches to keep the CoD kids happy and at the same time pretend not to be CoD

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully they balance certain things out after the beta :)
I mentioned the OP shotguns on my C3 video i uploaded the other day, hoping nobody would twig :D I'm guessing they have :p

I figured it out within 15 mins of downloading it on day 1. I usually use shotguns when playing FPS so it was the first weapon i tried and within 3 games was at the top of the leaderboard (not something that usually happens :D )
Been trying to get used to sniper but something just feels weird about it in C3.

Soldato
Crysis-3-MP-Beta-Grafikkarten-Test-1920x1080-1xAA-PCGH.png

Good to see these early benchmarks are wrong.... This is why I hate review sites.

nice 660ti only 2fps behind 670 :)

what website did you get this from?

Soldato
This is my bench, I had to make my own crossfire profile which doesn't make the cards run about 100% more like 70 to 80%

CPU is at 4.7ghz @ gpus @ 1125 and 1575 (max clocks with ULPS enabled)

settings are very high 16x AF and 4x MSAA 2560x1600

capturejjh.png

Settings are very high 16x AF and 4x MSAA 1920x1080

capture1af.png

PS
Despite the nice average FPS, the game plays like crap, mouse lag even with vsync off, doesn't matter how low I take the settings down - single card or crossfire, still plays like crap. It doesn't look that good to play like crap.

they have some work to do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This is my bench, I had to make my own crossfire profile which doesn't make the cards run about 100% more like 70 to 80%

CPU is at 4.7ghz @ gpus @ 1125 and 1575 (max clocks with ULPS enabled)

settings are very high 16x AF and 4x MSAA 2560x1600

capturejjh.png

Settings are very high 16x AF and 4x MSAA 1920x1080

capture1af.png

PS
Despite the nice average FPS, the game plays like crap, mouse lag even with vsync off, doesn't matter how low I take the settings down - single card or crossfire, still plays like crap. It doesn't look that good to play like crap.

they have some work to do.

Its not Mouse Lag, its Mouse Acceleration, that thing that Windows does with the mouse where if you move it in short sharp ways the cursor will move 3x the distance.

it does that in the Crysis3 game, its using Windows mouse inputs instead of raw.

Here's how to fix it... http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23683808&postcount=195

Caporegime
OP
I have not seen that mouse acceleration at all. Maybe because I am on 3 screens or are others seeing it as well?

Oh its there alright... :)

But it also depends on your playing stile, i move around very fast, i make a lot of short sharp movements, i'm used to how the mouse behaves in FPS games with Raw input, i always set it as,- in FPS games because of my playing stile.
With mouse acceleration my sort sharp movements turn into long movements and over shoots the target, so i snap it back and it over shoots the other way... and with that i can't aim accurately.

I know the distance i move relative to the distance with the mouse, slow or fast for me i'm used to it being the same.

If your a smoother player, less jerky, you probably wouldn't notice it.
For me, i couldn't get used to it at all, as soon i added the code it felt exactly how i'm used to.

I'm not the only one complaning about mouse acceleration in Crysis3, Google it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh its there alright... :)

But it also depends on your playing stile, i move around very fast, i make a lot of short sharp movements, i'm used to how the mouse behaves in FPS games with Raw input, i always set it as,- in FPS games because of my playing stile.
With mouse acceleration my sort sharp movements turn into long movements and over shoots the target, so i snap it back and it over shoots the other way... and with that i can't aim accurately.

I know the distance i move relative to the distance with the mouse, slow or fast for me i'm used to it being the same.

If your a smoother player, less jerky, you probably wouldn't notice it.
For me, i couldn't get used to it at all, as soon i added the code it felt exactly how i'm used to.

I'm not the only one complaning about mouse acceleration in Crysis3, Google it :)

as soon as the game loaded I noticed it, feels like the screen is an hour behind the mouse :d

Caporegime
Maybe my old age means I move the mouse slower :p I do have a decent K/D ratio though and most of the games have been played for benching purposes and not been paying that much attention.

Soldato
right then, now the mouse lag has gone and I set an FPS limit of 60fps, the game is smooth and plays perfect, even with my make-shift crossfire-X profile

Very high 2560x1600 16XAF and 4x MSAA

even frame time for crossfire is pretty good.

capture2ve.png

Caporegime
OP
right then, now the mouse lag has gone and I set an FPS limit of 60fps, the game is smooth and plays perfect, even with my make-shift crossfire-X profile

Very high 2560x1600 16XAF and 4x MSAA

even frame time for crossfire is pretty good.

capture2ve.png

Nice, that looks good.

I always get that odd massive spike, just one or two of them, i get some occasional HDD accessing during Crysis 3, that sometimes causes a blip, a very slight rubber banding, even with a Samsung 830 SSD, its a strange one and i think its whats causing those spikes in FRAPS BV.

Do you get that?

Soldato
Soldato
Nice, that looks good.

I always get that odd massive spike, just one or two of them, i get some occasional HDD accessing during Crysis 3, that sometimes causes a blip, a very slight rubber banding, even with a Samsung 830 SSD, its a strange one and i think its whats causing those spikes in FRAPS BV.

Do you get that?

yep 99% of the time game is silk, but I do get a spike for no reason.

Soldato
Put absolutely everything to max. ~45FPS on a single GTX680 (1248 Core, 3305/6610 Mem)

Played for about 5 minutes and was instantly bored however :p Uninstalling.

Caporegime
OP
Here it is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHlmf9dxg9Q&feature=youtu.be

No i was not drunk :p i ran in to the wall because FRAPS was causing input lag. Thats the exuse seed planted it just felt a bit like; well you know that feeling when you feel like your falling sideways and can't sort of move the other way? thats what it felt like when i started FRAPS, its also why my aim is a bit off :D i think they bought it.

All settings High + 1x SMAA @ 1920 x 1080P

Just a little bit jerky for the first 30 Seconds from starting FRAPS and still loading the game in, it soon cleared up tho...

I usually run it with 2x MSAA as that is perfectly playable, sometimes all Very High + 1x SMAA, have not yet decided what i like best.

Enjoy. you will get dizzy at the end as i'm running round in circles around the pod, i always do that, never stand still for long in FPS.

Back
Top Bottom