Skoda

Soldato
OP
LOTS more power :D mid-range grunt is pretty phenominal, makes overtaking much less fuss! Only drove it the 60 miles home yesterday so I haven't been able to explore it fully yet...

Soldato
It must genuinely feel incredible compared to the previous figures.

Does it still feel quite driveable low down? The curve when it comes on boost is incredible !

What is holding back more power then ? Turbo ?

Soldato
OP
He said turbo could have given a little bit more top end but the actuator is a little weak and couldn't hold the boost at the top of rev range.

He also said TIP wasn't the best for flow and a larger one would give a few more ponies. They've told me to get a larger bore one, go back and they will do a back to back test!

Soldato
OP
It must genuinely feel incredible compared to the previous figures.

Does it still feel quite driveable low down? The curve when it comes on boost is incredible !

What is holding back more power then ? Turbo ?

Yeah it feels fine when driving at bottom end of rev range. He introduced as part of his maps TiV (Torque Intervention) which (I think) basically eradicates the torque limited throughout the rev range. You can see it a bit in the 'old' map curves, wobbly up and down. Clever bloke indeed!

Soldato
He said turbo could have given a little bit more top end but the actuator is a little weak and couldn't hold the boost at the top of rev range.

He also said TIP wasn't the best for flow and a larger one would give a few more ponies. They've told me to get a larger bore one, go back and they will do a back to back test!

I guess that (actuator) explains the top end dip.

Do you think you will fix it and fit the new pipe ? Maybe enough to go for 250 ?

Soldato
OP
He said its 6 of one and half dozen of the other, if I replaced actuator it would give a little more top end but I'd loose a bit mid range, tbh the mid range grunt is incredible, I don't think I'd want to sacrifice that for a bit extra at the top! When he saw actuator was weak he spent 2 hours working on mid range grunt instead.

Ill deffo get the new pipe, it would be interesting to see the difference between the current and a less restrictive one.

I actually want to take it to a RR day now too :D

Soldato
Good results! Even on a bog standard Revo map my one felt pretty pokey.

Rear ARB, Remap and Exhaust (just for giving it some sound) really transformed my one when I had it. Would have been interesting to take it a bit further.

Associate
Very quick question:

Are your VRS's quite smoky? I certainly notice some puffs of exhaust when it's idling. White smoke though, not thick, dark smoke. I notice many more powerful cars with more exhaust smoke coming out the back than I did on my 1.4 VW Fox :)

Permabanned
If it's only on startup and goes away after a few minutes, condensation.
If it's running-away-from-the-bad-guys-smoke-plume-from-the-exhaust-hollywood-style it's usually the turbo going.
If it's black and then white, you've got a new pope.

Soldato
OP
Good results! Even on a bog standard Revo map my one felt pretty pokey.

Rear ARB, Remap and Exhaust (just for giving it some sound) really transformed my one when I had it. Would have been interesting to take it a bit further.

RARB is on the list of things to do as well :)

Soldato
OP
I've been keeping an eye out for a second hand one, I'm a tight git always looking for a bargain but when they do pop up they go for good money!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got a poly' dog-bone fitted to mine along with all the other poly' bushes. Feels nice and direct on the throttle with that and a remap. Steering is pretty direct with the Weitec suspension and 225 tyres.

The car is not without it's faults but it's pretty raw and nice to drive now. :)

I think I need a RARB next.

Associate
Question people...

1 thing that's missing on my vRS is that there's no mp3 / Aux connector, so I can't play any music through my iPhone. Not even trying Bluetooth as it's terrible in my experience.

Any ideas how I might do this?

Back
Top Bottom