Google Glass update thread.

Soldato
Think of it this way — if you get a text message or have an incoming call when you’re walking down a busy street, there are something like two or three things you have to do before you can deal with that situation. Most of them involve you completely taking your attention off of your task at hand: walking down the street. With Glass, that information just appears to you, in your line of sight, ready for you to take action on. And taking that action is little more than touching the side of Glass or tilting your head up — nothing that would take you away from your main task of not running into people.

So. Much. Want.

Man of Honour
Really?
They look awful, plus who what's to wear glasses. Or perhaps as I had to wear glasses as a kid, that's made me irrational.

Now when they get the contact lenses working at high enough pixel density. Then yes please. Although would need to work out camera, sound and mic. The contact lenses can already be wirelessly powered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really?
They look awful, plus who what's to wear glasses. Or perhaps as. I had to. Wear glasses as a kid, that's made me irrational.

Now when they get the contact lenses working at high enough pixel density. Then yes please. Although would need to work out camera, sound and mic. The contact lenses can already be wirelessly powered.

Your looking too much at the initial product rather then the concept. The idea is to get all sorts of leading glasses designers involved to make them much more desirable and in all sorts of shapes and styles in future.

Man of Honour
Your looking too much at the initial product rather then the concept. The idea is to get all sorts of leading glasses designers involved to make them much more desirable and in all sorts of shapes and styles in future.

Not at all, it doesn't matter what the glasses are like, they're still glasses.

Soldato
Not to mention the inevitable "oops, did we forget to mention we track, record and index everywhere you go, what actions you take with the glasses when you look at a particular object and then sell that information along with your google ID, name address and other information we have about to advertisers...

Soldato
Really?
They look awful, plus who what's to wear glasses. Or perhaps as. I had to. Wear glasses as a kid, that's made me irrational.

I don't understand this opinion whatsoever. You aren't just wearing glasses, you are wearing Glass.

Would you wear headphones if they had zero functionality? Probably not. But that doesn't stop people wearing them for their function.

If anything i'd say it's down right ignorance to assume you wouldn't use something like this just because they are "glasses".

Man of Honour
How is it ignorance?
I wouldn't, headphones I'm very particular on, it's not even a fashion thing. It's a comfort thing.
Even sunglasses I keep buying, wearing them for a few mins then taking them off.

Especially as I said this. Or did you miss that

Or perhaps as I had to wear glasses as a kid, that's made me irrational.

Soldato
You are a definite minority then if glasses, sunglasses and headphones bother you that much.

I missed it because i don't read half your posts when there are random full stops everywhere.

Associate
I want these SO SO bad. Not because I'm convinced they'll be perfect but because of how awesomely innovative, new and experimental the whole experience is. It's exciting. Reading that latest Verge article and watching the video had me creaming my pants.
Google is on the ****** game right now. I now understand what it's like to be one of those annoying sell your soul to the devil Apple fan boys because I am that for Google.
Imagine when they open their own Google stores and are selling next gen Nexus 4, 7, 10's, Glass, Chromebooks etc etc etc ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/22/4013406/i-used-google-glass-its-the-future-with-monthly-updates

Man of Honour
If they do come out and cost a grand, will anyone actually order one?

I may consider it but I don't really think I'd have much use for it, could be cool when driving I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom