What would you do?

Man of Honour

How many of you would actually get involved in the above scenario and how many would just walk away like so many of the people featured?

This is a common issue with all sorts of situations. It's amazing how people can live next to a family where they can clearly hear one of the family getting beaten on a regular occasion, yet never report it to police. Or you you have someone getting attacked on a bus, with nobody phoning Police let alone intervene.

So, are you going to be part of the bystander effect or do you make a difference?

Associate
The thing with these scenarios is that you never really know what you would do unless it happens.

I'd like to think that I would just jump on the guy and stop him from killing the other dude, but where do you go from there?
The other guy then runs off as he was a perpetrator of something bad and you are left trying to pin down a guy hell bent on murdering someone for a reason you know nothing about?

If you can think on your feet then phone old bill first then help?

Tough one.

If you can successfully knock the guy out then it's problem solved I guess.

Edit: The guy videoing it would at least be helpful in any enquiries or future proceedings

aln

aln

Associate

How many of you would actually get involved in the above scenario and how many would just walk away like so many of the people featured?

This is a common issue with all sorts of situations. It's amazing how people can live next to a family where they can clearly hear one of the family getting beaten on a regular occasion, yet never report it to police. Or you you have someone getting attacked on a bus, with nobody phoning Police let alone intervene.

So, are you going to be part of the bystander effect or do you make a difference?

I don't think anyone really knows until they are faced with it. Though the wife beater is a bit of a different situation.

I'm really suprised nobody stamped on the guy though, because if I was going to attack thats what I'd have done.

Props to the woman who attack, though not sure hitting with handbag / flowers is the best way forward. :p

Last edited:

aln

aln

Associate

I assume the majority of people will face fear when they are startled with something like that. You don't really know if fight or flight will be stronger in you. Most men like to say fight, but it just doesn't always go down like that in reality.

With the wife beater, generally the wife puts up with it. The first time round you'd probably call the cops. With a bit of experience realising she won't press charges, it's a recurring trend and getting involved is likely to backfire on you.

I'm not saying I wouldn't call the cops, nor am I saying I wouldn't stick the boot in, I hope I would. I'm just saying I won't know until it happens and as a kid who's been in the latter situation, I still think are different.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be on Pocket Planes on my phone, so I wouldn't notice anything other than the annoying lack of air traffic into Tokyo.

Back
Top Bottom