***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
Is anyone else getting frequent crashes to desktop? Happens mostly in multiplayer.

Only really started the past night or 2.

I have seen a lot of people bring it up on the official forums.

Soldato
Only time I played MP I got a CTD after about 10 minutes. Apparently the dev build has improved the situation but the server is still on the alpha build.

Thug
Soldato
Can someone please tell me about the performance of this game, or how it will be (guesswork I know!) at release.

Will a i7 920, GTX 480 be able to keep up at 1920x1080 or is it going to lag?

Thinking of getting a 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 screen later on this year which I'm guessing will demand a rebuild. :D

Is there a good emphasis on co-op? I used to LOVE playing co-op with friends and family on Arma 1. Such an excellent game.

Associate
yeah i get CTD quite often too, but it does seem to depend on the server you're on. I played a good 3 hours lastnight before i got a 'session lost' pop up :(

Brah you should be able to play but don't expect decent frames, i'm running a 3770k, 7950 and ssd, its a bit sluggish, iirc i get around 35-45fps on wasteland...

Soldato
Can someone please tell me about the performance of this game, or how it will be (guesswork I know!) at release.

Will a i7 920, GTX 480 be able to keep up at 1920x1080 or is it going to lag?

Thinking of getting a 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 screen later on this year which I'm guessing will demand a rebuild. :D

Is there a good emphasis on co-op? I used to LOVE playing co-op with friends and family on Arma 1. Such an excellent game.

Flip a coin

Heads for poop performance
Tails for epic performance

Last edited:
Soldato
whats peoples general view please - opt in to dev build or not ?

thanks

Probably just go normal Alpha , dev build has broken a lot of missions
we reverted our server to standard Alpha until that is sorted

On the bright side , it is pretty quick to switch between both types

Associate
Something strange just happened. I broke the heli trying to land on the little island to the north then everyone started spawning there. I shot people at first but then jumped in the sea as some people started going stretchy. Does the server need a restart?

Art

Art

Associate
When is Beta likely ?

The BIS store says the Alpha package is available from the 5th March to "Beta Q2 2013", so not that long.

Anyone know what happens when the Alpha officially ends? I'll take it we can keep playing? Or have they said that we're rolling straight into the Beta with no gap?

Back
Top Bottom