***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Ahh ok, so are there no 'real' situations with 2 teams as players or is that incldued in the COOP missions you mentioned??

I pictured being able to have say 1 team defending a depot or something and the other team attacking, but in realistic type mode.

Eventually, whatever mission you want there will be one to cater for it.

Right now the main type of missions that are being released are Coop (Players v AI) with a whole host of objectives and Team V Team. The TvT ones are pretty popular at the minute, especially the Blitzkrieg mode where 1 team has to attack objectives in order and the other team has to hold them off for a certain period of time.

Unfortunately most players it seems have come in with the "shoot first ask questions later" mentality so it can be a bit tedious to get some team work going.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Ahh ok, so are there no 'real' situations with 2 teams as players or is that incldued in the COOP missions you mentioned??

I pictured being able to have say 1 team defending a depot or something and the other team attacking, but in realistic type mode.

All that is possible with ArmA and does exist as it is, but there are few scenarios where that would happen or wpuld be played as intended.

Marker's mission does look good from what I've seen of it so far. Melbo had something in the pipes as did I, but I've got a few bugs to iron out - probably pales in comparison to marker's though!

COOP missions are where you'll find the most realism in my opinion, as you'll have time to plan out what you want to do. Currently the main pvp element seems to be the result of an influx of people that purely want a TDM game, which ArmA really isn't about!

Associate
Eventually, whatever mission you want there will be one to cater for it.

Right now the main type of missions that are being released are Coop (Players v AI) with a whole host of objectives and Team V Team. The TvT ones are pretty popular at the minute, especially the Blitzkrieg mode where 1 team has to attack objectives in order and the other team has to hold them off for a certain period of time.

Unfortunately most players it seems have come in with the "shoot first ask questions later" mentality so it can be a bit tedious to get some team work going.

Haha Melbo is full of steaming hot stool! He was laughing like a school girl playing his Armkart creation which I admit was quite fun!

Soldato
So these maps that people make, are they for Multiplayer only or can they be downloaded to play SP?? and can that be done now in Alpha?? I'm currently getting to grips with the controls and doing the 4 showcases (just Heli to go) and loving it, but think I may just get my butt handed to me going online.

Also, is Wasteland is like Dayz?? What are the normal modes called??

You can't get "your butt handed to you" online because if you play the game to its max you will be in a clan/group playing COOP missions. You will have to work as a team.

I am not being rude but it's nothing like CoD or BF, it's a different mindset entirely. It took me a few months to get used to this.

You want to join a group that uses some military tactics not run and gun on DayZ.

Soldato
You can't get "your butt handed to you" online because if you play the game to its max you will be in a clan/group playing COOP missions. You will have to work as a team.

I am not being rude but it's nothing like CoD or BF, it's a different mindset entirely. It took me a few months to get used to this.

You want to join a group that uses some military tactics not run and gun on DayZ.

Surely your team can do rubbish or you could cause the team to lose by doing something careless due to not knowing the controls or how the game at least works a little?? This is what I meant by 'getting your butt handed to you' :)

I am a little unsure though, why you assume I think it's like COD or BF?? Only a few posts ago, I stated I pictured being able to have say 1 team defending a depot or something and the other team attacking, but in realistic type mode. Maybe I read your post in the wrong context??

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Surely your team can do rubbish or you could cause the team to lose by doing something careless due to not knowing the controls or how the game at least works a little?? This is what I meant by 'getting your butt handed to you' :)

I am a little unsure though, why you assume I think it's like COD or BF?? Only a few posts ago, I stated I pictured being able to have say 1 team defending a depot or something and the other team attacking, but in realistic type mode. Maybe I read your post in the wrong context??

And that type of scenario that you described is exactly what Call of Duty and Battlefield are generally about. You can't just "throw" realism into it. Sure, you could put up a mission on a public server with those exact objectives, but it would purely turn into a deathmatch.

The point of ArmA is that it's a game where what you do has an impact - missions can be, and often are, designed to last for hours. The above would be over in five minutes.

Sure it could work if you were part of a community that does team vs team scenarios, where everything was organized. But for Joe Public, that won't happen in a "realistic" way.

"Learning the buttons" is all a part of learning and getting used to any new games; but there is a hell of a lot more to ArmA than simply moving, pointing and clicking.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but this is what ArmA has come to in some respects - it has had a huge influx of people due to the popularity of DayZ which is a good thing, however it attracted a large proportion of people that don't want to play ArmA for what it is, a military simulator.

I'm sure people will disagree with what I've put, or see it as too harsh, but that is the reality of it.

Soldato
Im finding the random spwan points a bit annoying. I prefer that everyone gets spawned in the same place and has to air lift to mission areas. The game seems to be a COD fest at the moment, with everyone all over the map. Maybe im playing the wrong game type?
When playing Arma 2 i always seem to get onto a decent server with people working together.

Soldato
Im finding the random spwan points a bit annoying. I prefer that everyone gets spawned in the same place and has to air lift to mission areas. The game seems to be a COD fest at the moment, with everyone all over the map. Maybe im playing the wrong game type?
When playing Arma 2 i always seem to get onto a decent server with people working together.

What mission type are you playing?

Soldato
And that type of scenario that you described is exactly what Call of Duty and Battlefield are generally about. You can't just "throw" realism into it. Sure, you could put up a mission on a public server with those exact objectives, but it would purely turn into a deathmatch.

The point of ArmA is that it's a game where what you do has an impact - missions can be, and often are, designed to last for hours. The above would be over in five minutes.

Sure it could work if you were part of a community that does team vs team scenarios, where everything was organized. But for Joe Public, that won't happen in a "realistic" way.

"Learning the buttons" is all a part of learning and getting used to any new games; but there is a hell of a lot more to ArmA than simply moving, pointing and clicking.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but this is what ArmA has come to in some respects - it has had a huge influx of people due to the popularity of DayZ which is a good thing, however it attracted a large proportion of people that don't want to play ArmA for what it is, a military simulator.

I'm sure people will disagree with what I've put, or see it as too harsh, but that is the reality of it.

Thanks, but isn't that what I have been already asking? I am asking about the realism etc. You answered me too earlier in the thread??

My scenario may be what COD and BF are generally about but I thought I made it clear that I was after a realistic versions of that. It was just a quick example. You could have just put the first part 'Sure, you could put up a mission on a public server with those exact objectives, but it would purely turn into a deathmatch'

And yet again, I know it's not about pointing, clicking and learning the buttons which is why I said

by doing something careless due to not knowing the controls or how the game at least works a little?

I'm sorry if I am coming across a little worked up but I am really confused! To me I am asking about what you are describing and you guys seem to be answering my questions with what I want to hear. But I am coming across like I am asking for some run and gun COD type game which I am definitely not. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
@dirtybeatfreak.

UO or shacktactical may be the sort of clans you like. Very military realism But with a lot of PvP (maintaining realism).

Check out some videos of them. have a look I think you'd love it.

100 man Team vs Team fights with proper military tactics on both sides with objectives. command chains support etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom