Good vodka to drink straight

Capodecina
Soldato
As title. My experience with vodka generally hasn't been good. Mostly Smirnoff and the like which made me feel quite ill. There must be better stuff out there, especially for drinking straight. Any recommendations?

Caporegime
Take your pick...

20130321172100266.jpg

:)

Soldato
My favourites

Russian standard gold
Wyborowa

Got bottle of grey goose for Xmas, not as good as people make it out to be.
I used to love the blue label smirnoff, might buy some.

Brother bought me a bottle of zubrowka last year. Really didn't like it. Shame really!

Caporegime
Grey Goose and Belvedere are both doable if they are kept in the freezer.

The only stuff I have been able to drink both neat AND at room temperature is Kauffman Selected Vintage, but at around 4 times the price of Goose, that is to be expected!

Soldato
Zubrowka, or at least a few years ago was luvverly.

Not seen this mentioned yet, perhaps you don't rate it but I absolutely love Tanqueray Vodka......yes I know they are famous for Gin but this is my fave voddy so far. Sadly it's not one that you see on UK shelves, I think you can order it though but I haven't had any for ages.

Soldato
Snow Queen.

I have tried a hell of a lot of vodka in my time, and usually drink it neat out of the freezer ( I am half Scandinavian). Snow Queen is the best I have had, though if your budget does not stretch, Finlandia is hard to beat within the £15 - £20 price bracket.

Avoid Chase (Premium English stuff). It is pretty awful.

Associate
I have tasted a few including many Polish vodkas and personally I still find Russian Standard to be the smoothest with just the right amount of 'spice' (how to describe the flavour/sensation of straight vodka?).

Back
Top Bottom