North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
north Korea will be bitch slapped back into line by the other Asian powers if it continues down this line.

China will slap it with a trade embargo and not to mention japan still has a security alliance with the US.

My worry would be how Russia would react along with the rest of the SCO.

Caporegime
Well, yes...and of course the north koreans would probably accept being assimilated into a unified korea, they would not accept being taken over by china.

Plus the rest of asia would be very much against it. Japan foremost among them.

and of course, russia.

and lets not forget that north korea comes with an approximate rebuild cost of 5-10 TRILLION dollars.

As if China cares about what the North Koreans think, didn't work well for Tibet, so i doubt it would matter now.

I don't really care about Japan at this point, they rely heavily on Chinas rare-earth monopoly too much to have any actionable relevance.

Finally, I do not know about any rebuild cost, so i wont bother.

Soldato
fail.

The Branston tin although appealing, the beans do not deliver when compared to its German cousin.

BEANZ MEANZ HEINZ

They all taste the same to me. Besides, I won't be eating them; I'll be swapping them for machine guns and bottle caps.

Soldato
As if China cares about what the North Koreans think, didn't work well for Tibet, so i doubt it would matter now.

I don't really care about Japan at this point, they rely heavily on Chinas rare-earth monopoly too much to have any actionable relevance.

Finally, I do not know about any rebuild cost, so i wont bother.

Tibet? Its 2013, not 1950 bro. You dont just take over countries willy nilly in this day and age.

You are taking each thing individually, that isnt how it works. When the entire world is against what youre doing, you dont get to do it. and china isnt some monster. They are another country that is always demonised in western media. China will not risk everything they have and risk their rise to the top for a few mountains filled with starving koreans.

Caporegime
Tibet? Its 2013, not 1950 bro. You dont just take over countries willy nilly in this day and age.

You are taking each thing individually, that isnt how it works. When the entire world is against what youre doing, you dont get to do it. and china isnt some monster. They are another country that is always demonised in western media. China will not risk everything they have and risk their rise to the top for a few mountains filled with starving koreans.

Im sure the US was thinking the same thing when it went into Afghanistan, just a few mountains filled with starving Muslims.

Ok that was stupid, but still, it can be easily spinned.

Soldato
Im sure the US was thinking the same thing when it went into Afghanistan, just a few mountains filled with starving Muslims.

Ok that was stupid, but still, it can be easily spinned.

Afghanistan is not part of the USA. They are occupied by the US. Its a huge difference.

Permabanned
I think that china is using North to **** off America... they dont want to do it directly so not to taint their public image... I dont believe that north decides to shell south or threaten USA with nuclear weapons without the "Big Dragon" behind their back... China has massive military with quite decent armament, it is by no means worse than Russians, since china pretty much have been copying russian equipment since the time of USSR... It took everyone decades to make 5th generation fighter jet... China made it randomly out of stolen technologies from both USA and Russia... and they couldn't care less about patents... They are not using their military anywhere in the world at this moment... surely there is no point having such great army with no use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-20 (5th jen fighter)

Uk has pretty small army and yet we manage to stick our noses everywhere... Afghanistan,Libya, Africa....

China is going to go bonkers sooner or later, they already essentially wrote mein kempf saying what territories they think belong to them... now its just a waiting game.

If war breaks out in Korea, I cant see China nor Russia just giving up north Korea to USA.. It will be a pretty global conflict but it would not be direct, same as last korean war... 90% of those Migs flown by "north Koreans" were actually Soviet Pilots and its openly admitted now, there is even a list in wikipedia with names and ranks and how many aircraft were downed by individuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_War_flying_aces

Given the worlds current state, we need another war... and I dont see why a localised Korean war would be impossible, maybe with few nukes going off in that area of the world... But I dont see full nuclear war raging, since that would be in no ones interest.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is the worst World War ever.

Fat pudgy kid sitting in a tree blowing raspberries at everyone, but you can't smack him because his Dad is a nutcase.

Associate
11iht-edchappatte11-articleLarge.jpg

Soldato
Can the US even afford a war?

Under the law, the debt ceiling will be set on May 19, 2013 to a level "necessary to fund commitment incurred by the Federal Government that required payment."

I don't believe that covers new commitments such as war.

Permabanned
Last I heard they still had an aircraft carrier waiting on a budget decision before they could put fuel in it. Things must be pretty tight.

Back
Top Bottom