Spec me an APC...

Soldato
Or large MPV :)

Currently running an 04 zafira, and for now every body fits, 12 year old, 8 year old, 21 month old & a newborn. One seat up in the boot and double pram taking up the other side means that things are getting a bit "snug".

So we're after something a bit bigger.

I'm finding that a lot of the seven seaters don't have any boot space once you use the back seats, even things like the sharamalaxy have the back seats right up against the back window.

So I'm looking at things like the Grand Espace, C8, V220 so that there's space behind the back seats.

Requirements are diesel & automatic, budget goes up to around £2800.

Is there anything else I should/could be looking at?

Soldato
The 7 seat Land Rover Discovery 3 has some space behind the rear seats when they're up, but not much. Might also be out of your budget, but one of the great advantages is that the seats fold flat into the boot floor, meaning there's no need to actually remove heavy seats when you want to change the configuration.

Sorry, not much help I know! Maybe some of the American options? They tend to be fairly roomy.

Soldato
The 7 seat Land Rover Discovery 3 has some space behind the rear seats when they're up, but not much. Might also be out of your budget, but one of the great advantages is that the seats fold flat into the boot floor, meaning there's no need to actually remove heavy seats when you want to change the configuration.

Sorry, not much help I know! Maybe some of the American options? They tend to be fairly roomy.

You won't get a decent Discovery 2 for £3k let alone a Discovery 3!

Caporegime
Kia Sedona?

Won't get a massive amount of space behind the 6th and 7th seats, but enough to fit a buggy.

kia-sedona-boot.JPG

Soldato
OP
Kia Sedona?

Won't get a massive amount of space behind the 6th and 7th seats, but enough to fit a buggy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92893124/kia-sedona-boot.JPG[mg][/QUOTE]

I've got a relation who had one of these and had trouble getting her double pram into it. The seating is nice but there isn't space for a pram frame and two seat units in the boot.

Soldato
The M577 Armoured Personnel Carrier is a troop transport used by the United States Colonial Marine Corps. The M577 evolved from the Marine 70 battlefield deployment strategy, which proposed a requirement for a low-cost lightweight APC capable of being transported into combat aboard the UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship.

Designed as a multi-role vehicle within a lightly-equipped rapid-reaction force, the M577 is mobile and well armed. However, the rigid design restrictions and compromises imposed by the need to be drop-transportable have resulted in a lighter, less capable vehicle than other APCs currently in US service.

uol2.jpg

Caporegime
That's a lot of car you're requiring for such a small budget, especially when you're limiting yourself in that it MUST be an auto..

Some people either have back problems that stop them from being able to drive manual or have an auto only licence. I'm sure there is a good reason for wanting an auto box.

Back
Top Bottom