*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Composite armour doesn't make that much difference to an ESF, you will survive longer with Auto-Repair.

Ah well, reinstalled the game... and still missing the weapon cert tree.

Soldato
I'll give it a go then. Will admit, haven't installed a defensive upgrade yet so the composite was from reading around, messing with a mate dogfighting in the vr trainer and finding the repair a bit weak. I'll have another look. Still a looooong way to go to get fully certed on all the stuff I want for the mosie.

Soldato
I'll give it a go then. Will admit, haven't installed a defensive upgrade yet so the composite was from reading around, messing with a mate dogfighting in the vr trainer and finding the repair a bit weak. I'll have another look.

Fire suppression is really good, that will SAVE you from do or die moments.

The problem with Auto-Repair is that you have to avoid any incoming fire for like 8 seconds before it starts to work, so I normally just start to climb really high and come down again or hover behind a building or hill if you can.

But back to Fire Suppression, totally awesome but since you giving up Flares, you gotta becareful in large fights, soon as you get locked, you should be bugging out.

Radar works really well with it, since you can use it to spot your target, kill it and zoom out of there.

Soldato
Hmmm, maybe it's not the defense slot I'm thinking of then. Got the hover frame and flares which are the left and right slots on the UI. Am I thinking of utility? The middle ones yet to have anything bought for it. I'll give autorepair a thought.

Edit:
Actually another small tip for farming...
When on defense in a mass fight for a watch tower. Do a trial for a rocket launcher with lock on to air/both (heavy assault - you stand at an equip terminal, click the "unlock" button then hit "trial" you get 30 minutes to play with it, can do 1 trial every 12ish hours) run outside, find and lock on to aircraft and fire, you'll get a few kills and they give decent exp (200-600 per kill). Run back inside and "re-supply" from the troop vending machine when you run out of rockets and repeat :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So today, I got behind this Sundy and 4 VS players spawned there and wasn't moving.

So I started to shoot them with my Nighthawk. Nothing happened and I die when they turn around while by all rights, I should had killed them all.

Spawn protection, dumbest thing ever.

Associate
Hmmm, maybe it's not the defense slot I'm thinking of then. Got the hover frame and flares which are the left and right slots on the UI. Am I thinking of utility? The middle ones yet to have anything bought for it. I'll give autorepair a thought.

Flares are under utility make sure you have them :)

Performance is the hover frame, racer etc.

Defence is where the composite armour and auto repair is etc.

Don't go composite armour you want auto-repair or vehicle stealth.

What do you want to do ? Are you looking to dogfight mainly or A2G ? Or a bit of everything.

Soldato
im having no performance issues on high

my dads 4 and a half year old comp with old q6000 series cpu, 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram and a gtx 460 can run this game fine on LOW. i know in the truely massive team fights he gets some slight loss and lag. but nothing major

Are you overclocked on the CPU?

In game, press ALT-TAB, and when you are in a BIG fight... tell us what the average/min/max FPS are.

Soldato
Are you overclocked on the CPU?

In game, press ALT-TAB, and when you are in a BIG fight... tell us what the average/min/max FPS are.

I can tell you what I get with my Q6600 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM with a 6970 2GB.

In really large battles around Amp Stations, Tech Plants and Bio Labs, my FPS will jump between 30 to 5 when there is two-three platoons fighting.

In normal size battles between one platoon vs a other platoon then it's 20 to 40.

If am on the edge of the battle, then it's 30 to 50.

All this is on a mix of high detailed graphics at 3600 x 1920. Fog and that sort of stuff is turned off. I don't know why Dunn is playing on low, I have found that it makes zero difference to my FPS when using low or high. The only time my FPS is affected is by resolution and fog and shadows and even then, we talking about less then 5 FPS difference. :/

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
Might not be for a while, looks like the team has been re tasked with mainly optimisation duties according to Smedley/Higby on Twitter.

Yes they're totally not just focusing on the PS4 version and dropping the PC as main platform, Smedley said they aren't so it must be true....:rolleyes: total coincidence they announced this at the same time PS4 release date comes up, yup nothing to do with it at all...

Permabanned
Considering it's a Sony game and on a Sony console I think being cynical is actually good here. I feel sorry for people who play FPS with a pad, goodbye accuracy, hello luck.

Back
Top Bottom