*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Soldato
What is it with players thinking the Gauss Saw is hard to use? Is it hard to use?

Testing it in VR again and it's freaking amazing, add NV and Foregrip and it just maws everything down, the recoil is so easy to control since it just goes upwards, you can easy fire 15 shots off before you gotta pause. Reload is damn long though, honestly would love to play with that weapon everyday if I could. lol

Would love to swap my Chainguns for twin God Saws on my Max.

On other news after the last patch that I downloaded today, my weapon cert tree for infantry and vehicles in the menu is gone, tried to fix it by rechecking my game files but still nothing, so filed a support ticket with SOE and they have forwarded it on to some other guy, hoping it be fixed tomorrow.

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
What is it with players thinking the Gauss Saw is hard to use? Is it hard to use?

Testing it in VR again and it's freaking amazing, add NV and Foregrip and it just maws everything down, the recoil is so easy to control since it just goes upwards, you can easy fire 15 shots off before you gotta pause. Reload is damn long though, honestly would love to play with that weapon everyday if I could. lol

Would love to swap my Chainguns for twin God Saws on my Max.

On other news after the last patch that I downloaded today, my weapon cert tree for infantry and vehicles in the menu is gone, tried to fix it by rechecking my game files but still nothing, so filed a support ticket with SOE and they have forwarded it on to some other guy, hoping it be fixed tomorrow.

On the Saw I'm guessing you just saw the generic whining that goes on about absolutely everything in this game. It is a good gun but it does have it's limitations as with everything, so it's neither rubbish like you've seen people saying, nor the be all and end all of LMGs.

My two issues with it are - it shouldn't be the starter NC LMG, that should be the EM6 because the Saw you really need to put 300ish certs into it to get the most out of it and new players will just try it with no attachments and think 'crap'. Whereas say the T9 Carv is a perfect starter gun because it's easy to kill with on stock.

Other than that, you'll lose out in close combat against high rate of fire weapons because that just seems to be how PS2 works, RoF > damage per bullet, you just won't get enough shots off in many situations so you need to try and stick to medium-long range or get the drop on people. Game seems to going into enclosed infantry spaces though so I question why you'd use it over something else more suited to those really.

I wish they'd scrap the whole 'lolz NC has shotguns!!111' crap and give us Gauss Saw like weapons for the Max.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did the Armistice is better I think because of dps.

http://aninfiltratorsblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/tr-smg-armistice-vs-the-hailstorm/

Seems to cover a similar discussion. It seems if you want to flatten a squad then go with the hailstorm. For 1 on 1 drop stealth, drop dude, restealth style of play, you should take the armistice.

I have a question though - would I be right in assuming the weapons once unlocked are available to any class that can use them? It kinda bugs me that the attachments are weapon specific but if the weapons are usable by any class it kinda makes sense.

I can see me picking up an SMG for light/infi use if that's doable :)

Soldato
KOTV... the biggest ZERG outfit in the game... notified by the words "always people to follow".

VS have a massive over pop at present on Woodman (which is nice since they used to be underpopulated). When it comes to alerts they nearly always have twice the population of the other two factions, and sometimes more than the combined other two factions put together.

Not the VS's fault, it all happened when the ZOE max's came out, and everyone went VS (i.e. the "4TH" faction.. those that continually swap to the winning faction).

Permabanned
Nothing wrong with zerging tbh, gets the job done and it's hilarious seeing 100+ strong outfit roflstomp through a biolab while NC and TR cry in chat.

Soldato
Oh I see... you don't like a challenge.. it's why you chose 'easy-mode' ;) :p

Mind you... I do like getting the 85% XP bonus out of you guys when I kill you :D lol

Talking about weapons, I'm trying to justify spending the certs on anything but stock weapons. The SMG's are good but sooo limited. I have to bear in mind my really low frame rate when picking weapons, so shotguns are definitely out :( My EM6 basically does everything I need, only thing it could improve on is hip fire.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've played VS since the start and VS haven't always dominated on Woodman either. Considering the SC I've put into my VS character I'd rather not change thanks.

Soldato
Haven't played this game in nearly 2 weeks, I just can't be bothered loading it up anymore. I'm BR 89 on Miller VS with 10,000 certs available to spend, a heroic boost running and 12 month premium membership. I sometimes go to load it up then realize what a chore the game is to play, I definitely regret sinking as much time as I have into it. Just going to stick to more casual games like Chivalry and Payday 2 for a while. I just got sick of the Striker spam, harasser marauder spam etc

Soldato
Been trying to get into this over the weekend! It amazes me how big the battles are and how much is on screen! This is a true battlefield game imo! Im just going between classes messing about trying ti understand how everything works but im mainly playing as a medic atm, just got a scope and some other minor upgrades

Soldato
Got to play as TR in the PTS event yesterday and I actually prefer most of their equipment to VS, the Armistice is OP as **** in my opinion.

Started as VS on miller went to TR on woodman (I seem to pick a challenge each time :( oh well) and have to say, the starter TR weapons seem VERY nice compared to the VS.

The (HA's) basic Carv with a sight and front grip is proving pretty damned effective (though I'll probably switch when I've got the mossy certs I want).

Soldato
Been trying to get into this over the weekend! It amazes me how big the battles are and how much is on screen! This is a true battlefield game imo! Im just going between classes messing about trying ti understand how everything works but im mainly playing as a medic atm, just got a scope and some other minor upgrades

Medic or Engi is a good starter for farming certs. The gunsights and barrel upgrades for your preferred main weapon are a pretty good start too.

Think about a vehicle you like to mess around with (50 certs on the AMS module for the sunderer is a good/almost required choice too - learn where to park those for major battles and you'll pick up plenty of easy xp/certs too).

Soldato
I'm using the em6 with nv scope and soft point ammo.

Can anyone recommend a better gun and a comparable sight and what is the best configuration for a heavy assault NC should I max my shields/armour carry extra grenades etc

Cheers

Soldato
Medic or Engi is a good starter for farming certs. The gunsights and barrel upgrades for your preferred main weapon are a pretty good start too.

Think about a vehicle you like to mess around with (50 certs on the AMS module for the sunderer is a good/almost required choice too - learn where to park those for major battles and you'll pick up plenty of easy xp/certs too).

thanks for the tips buddy ill look into vehicles tnite :)

Soldato
I bumped into some guy today in his Prowler and started to repair it since he told me since GU13 or something, his medic and repair tools don't work anymore.

It's amazing how these game breaking bugs are still in the game and they not fixed yet.

On top of the weapon cert tree missing in my menus, am also missing all the fancy stuff like gate shields, terminals and things like that. lol

Giving me a huge advantage but it's annoying so am currently reinstalling the game again.

Soldato
I bumped into some guy today in his Prowler and started to repair it since he told me since GU13 or something, his medic and repair tools don't work anymore.

It's amazing how these game breaking bugs are still in the game and they not fixed yet.

On top of the weapon cert tree missing in my menus, am also missing all the fancy stuff like gate shields, terminals and things like that. lol

Giving me a huge advantage but it's annoying so am currently reinstalling the game again.

Had one of the dudes I play with complaining about this sort of thing. No issues personally. Running intel CPU and ati GPU. How's about you?

Soldato
Had one of the dudes I play with complaining about this sort of thing. No issues personally. Running intel CPU and ati GPU. How's about you?

Intel CPU and ATI GPU too.

Only happened with that small update on Saturday/Sunday. :/ Almost done installing the game, so will be able to check to see if this has been fixed or not.

Soldato
thanks for the tips buddy ill look into vehicles tnite :)

Some people don't seem to have spotted it but if you want to take a look at different vehicles with different options go to the "continent" terminal, there's a "VR training" option at the bottom. Take note of warnings about "everything is unlocked, do you want to pay to unlock this" etc when pimping out your test ride/weapon, all options are unlocked for everything.

It's worth getting the hang of flying, it's one of the most awesome "spaces" to fight in (the air battle above a major scrap) but learning to fly is quite a steep curve, better here when it doesn't cost you a waiting timer when you die repeatedly to crashes :p
I'm about a month into flying and can almost hold my own in the air and make kills against ground targets without crashing or leaving myself too vulnerable. Well worth the time investment.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I run Intel and AMD and have been trouble free, I heard more problems when I used a nvidia card even though PS2 supposedly runs better on nvidia.

Back
Top Bottom