Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
Think I am just going to whore the heli 24/7 in order to deal with those noobs camping on the roof tops :D :p

It does my head in when people just camp in the same spot and do **** all to help win the round, completely ruined an epic map in bf 3 i.e. markiz monolith, granted it is easy enough to deal with it but DICE should implement an out of bounds area for those areas (outside of aircraft and when parachuting)

Once people get javs, soflam etc. it will be even more annoying for vehicles.....

Soldato
Man, I suck at this.

I keep getting stuck on bits of scenery and am next to useless because I've only played half an hour and have not unlocked the defib yet.

I'm rubbish at killing people so need to earn all my points by healing and reviving. :)

and i thought it was only me :D, thanks for that, and Oi don't go nicking me heals and revives i need them :D.

on the other hand if you want some one to suffer with add me in game markpitchford (yeah i know not very original but failed to come up with anything better :( ).

Had a quick go last night, saw DG on a server so just followed him. Spawned on top of a roof with him tubing people below. lol

What are you guys using to measure FPS? Afterburner isn't working..

from memory the console command is:

PerfOverlay.Drawfps 1

It does my head in when people just camp in the same spot and do **** all to help win the round, completely ruined an epic map in bf 3 i.e. markiz monolith, granted it is easy enough to deal with it but DICE should implement an out of bounds area for those areas (outside of aircraft and when parachuting)

Once people get javs, soflam etc. it will be even more annoying for vehicles.....

did spawn on 1 roof where i tried to ease back from the edge and half way back it was out of bounds :(.

Also spawned on A as the "enemy" and it put me straight out of bounds lol.

Seen mention that the RPGs can "lock on" anyone come across it, if so howwwwwwwwww :D.

Last edited:
Associate
Think I am just going to whore the heli 24/7 in order to deal with those noobs camping on the roof tops :D :p

The entire point of those spots is that they ARE good for snipers. And BF4 seems to do a lot more rewarding of base capture/defense, so not only are excessive numbers of non-spotting snipers not helping their team, they aren't helping themselves either.

I.M.O. suggesting they make them out of bounds is a bit silly, as they are clearly working as intended (if I understand your complaint correctly, anyway).

I say this as someone who spent most of last night's session as an engineer, and only brielfy tried recon before deciding it wasn't for me (or rather, not the right map for the class for me).

What does the recon gadget 3 do? It seems to be a rangefinder/laser designator or something, but also fires stuff? Is it a marker flare gun or something?

Soldato
and i thought it was only me :D, thanks for that, and Oi don't go nicking me heals and revives i need them :D.

on the other hand if you want some one to suffer with add me in game markpitchford (yeah i know not very original but failed to come up with anything better :( ).

from memory the console command is:

PerfOverlay.Drawfps 1
Will do. You can get the revives and I'll bring the ammo.

Now we just need two people that can shoot. :D

Caporegime

Won't we just be able to mortar those snipers though?

But yeah, very annoying that people seem to have fun sitting on top of a building picking off random soldiers and doing very little to help their team when there is so much else going on that they could be doing.

Get rid of the focus on K/D and you would eliminate a lot of the campers though...

Soldato
I went to the top of the skyscraper and used my LMG to fire at them, they panicked and were running all over the rooftop instead of jumping off of it. Eventually, some of my team saw what i was shooting at and started doing the same and we killed them.

Associate
oi oi folks -

I like the two speed swimming - nice touch - breast stroke and front crawl ! lol

Theres also the barriers on the bridge you can pop up to prevent any vech going over - again another nice touch -

this map does promote snipers but hay ho - loads of release maps won't so not going to moan about that.

Love the building falling down ! nice

had an issue that's been posted on the official BF4 forum about textures all of a sudden going - I was on the server for a while and so kinda forgot about it but then joined another server ad instantly thought - wow, this ones in colour ! lol -

any one else had texture issues ?

i7-4770k - at stock with stock cooler - this will need clocking though I think get get the best out the game - kinda annoying as top spec cpu but hay ho
hd7990 6gb
16gbram
asus sabertooth board
full hd - 1080x1920 - all ultra settings - min fps I got was 49 - max was 165

Soldato
Now we just need two people that can shoot. :D

well the way i was dying theres plenty of people that can do that so shouldn't be to difficult :D

What does the recon gadget 3 do? It seems to be a rangefinder/laser designator or something, but also fires stuff? Is it a marker flare gun or something?

ahh didn't notice it could fire stuff, will have to have another look.

bit disappointed that they didn't let the snipers have 2 guns to start with, normal sniper rifle and the close quarter one to make use of the c4.

noticed that there is the option to carry rpg and anit air rocketes, anyone know what unlocks needed so you can do it ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
The entire point of those spots is that they ARE good for snipers. And BF4 seems to do a lot more rewarding of base capture/defense, so not only are excessive numbers of non-spotting snipers not helping their team, they aren't helping themselves either.

I.M.O. suggesting they make them out of bounds is a bit silly, as they are clearly working as intended (if I understand your complaint correctly, anyway).

I say this as someone who spent most of last night's session as an engineer, and only brielfy tried recon before deciding it wasn't for me (or rather, not the right map for the class for me).

Yup the only way that I see those spots being good for snipers with regards to teamwork is when placing soflam down and spotting people, but we all know that the majority of snipers play for their k/d and not the team :p

And whilst those buildings are good for setting up soflam and having engineers fire their javs or rpgs etc. it is just going to be pointless using a tank or boat as just like in markiz monolith you aren't going to last long as there is nothing you can do about it. Only way to deal with it is to get the heli, spam the mortar or snipe them yourself and personally I find it annoying/dull having to deal with camping noobs like that.

I suppose making those areas out of bounds is a bit too much...... however, there definitely should be some restrictions i.e. not being able to place down spawn beacons, soflam and the mortar

Saying that, from the videos I have seen and as posted above...... it doesn't look/sound like snipers are the only ones camping up there......

As for the last point, sounds like it could fire some EMP dart or something that can take out soflams and other similar equipment i.e. like in bf 3 the way the MAV can take out stationary MAVs, TUGS and spawn beacons.

Won't we just be able to mortar those snipers though?

But yeah, very annoying that people seem to have fun sitting on top of a building picking off random soldiers and doing very little to help their team when there is so much else going on that they could be doing.

Get rid of the focus on K/D and you would eliminate a lot of the campers though...

Probably, as long as DICE haven't go a height limitation for them.....

And couldn't agree any more, k/d should be removed or at least removed from the in game scoreboard, games would be so much better & more fun

I went to the top of the skyscraper and used my LMG to fire at them, they panicked and were running all over the rooftop instead of jumping off of it. Eventually, some of my team saw what i was shooting at and started doing the same and we killed them.

Just parachute over them whilst dropping C4! Best troll weapon/method ever! :D

EDIT:

Granted, the final game could be very different once the ac130 comes into play, if it is anything like it is in armoured kill map pack then anyone camping on the rooftops are just begging to be killed :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Trying to decide what class to spend the most time with and I think after seeing the amount of roof campers, I'll go with support in order to get the mortar :D

Caporegime
BTW what is up with all the noob tubing in the beta?! :o Just finished watching lvlcaps and a few other videos and it seems like that is all he did along with everyone else....... :o

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Having fun at times but as someone mentioned earlier way too easy to get stuck on the scenery.

Every time I play though back of my brain is asking me why I'm playing it over COD that gets the basic stuff down much more fluidly/less fiddly.

Soldato
game wont go past loading screen for me now for some reason.

can hear game going on in background though just stuck as loading screen, then black screen with loading in top right corner.

Man of Honour
Same mine all of a sudden won't go past the loading screen :S (Was working fine earlier on) only difference I can see is the servers now say Punkbuster On instead of Off.

EDIT: It is working just takes about 10-15 minutes to load the map for some reason :| wasn't doing this before.

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW what is up with all the noob tubing in the beta?! :o Just finished watching lvlcaps and a few other videos and it seems like that is all he did along with everyone else....... :o

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed :p

think its partly due to "levelution" and there figuring out what walls destroy, what sort of damage is involved etc.

does decent damage to armour this time, so you'll get more of it i reckon.

Soldato
Sorry in advance as I'm sure this has been answered in here before, but is there going to be a reset before launch? Just don't want to put too much time into this if we'll have to start over!

Back
Top Bottom