Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Soldato
Just played my first game in Siege of Shanghai. Too early too make any real judgement but it does feel quite similar to the Medal of Honor Multiplayer.

Soldato
You should be fine I'd imagine. I was running it on high settings on a single 6950 unlocked to 6970 in the bios.

I only saw some slowdown a couple of times and from reading around it seems like the beta drivers and later builds might eradicate that.

Much appreciated, thanks for your feedback

Ive not updated drivers etc yet so will do that tonight! Mine are just as standard, i havent done the 6970 bios but i imagine ill get very similar results

Thanks ;)

Associate
Mine crashes after a while too, although i did notice theres a new Nvidia driver. Thought it might of been due to PB at first but I cant even update that as it's not in the list of available games.

Anyone else have frequent crashes?

Associate
I'm actually quite liking this.

Getting good performance with sli 680 (although I haven't check if sli is actually being used..) with the latest drivers, although I do have to turn off AA as I'm running at 2560x1440.

I'm finding the sniper rifle a bit strange tho, the bullet travel time seems off? And also, the bullet seems to originate from the bottom centre of the screen which throws me off some.

Soldato
hmmm

its clearly a mix of MOH:WF and BF3, which could be a very good thing, or bad depending on which bits of each they mix in

only graphics issue I have seen it the sort of "mist" filter layer flicking on and off at times
graphics wise i guess it will look better with proper textures in release, but the level seems big and very "empty" like just big squares of the same textures everywhere (and not much cover) do like the indoor parts though like lifts / roofs etc

like the new customisation options (although would have liked the MOH:WF levels of detail)

moving around seems a bit sluggish, like your dude has put on a few KG after BF3
also was getting very bad rubber banding again (like with bf3/bc2) where you empty a full mag into someones head and get a bunch of hit markers only for them to turn around and waste you in 1 shot - this is the only thing I hated about BF3 and it seems they havent fixed it still (sadface)

Caporegime
Mine crashes after a while too, although i did notice theres a new Nvidia driver. Thought it might of been due to PB at first but I cant even update that as it's not in the list of available games.

Anyone else have frequent crashes?

pb isnt even on in the beta :D

Soldato
pb isnt even on in the beta :D

Sure about that? Tried to join a recommended server this morning before i went to work, asked me to update my Punkbuster version (was puzzled as people said PB wasn't in the beta and i managed to play a round last night) for Battlefield 4, so i did, joined again and it worked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom