What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Hungover film watching

Love bites, terrible film, tbh i wasn't expecting anything else. Not even any nice skin. Just one pretty actor.
3/10

Here comes the boom
Fun film, but nothing special 6/10

Soldato
Wilbur wants to kill himself, black comedy but so very tragically sad, excellently cast with a great score. Leaves you with the feeling you get from a sad dream, its getting a 9/10 for being beautiful

Soldato
Crank 2: High Voltage

I want to hate this film, but I just can't.
It's deliciously, deliriously, over the top, utterly stupid madness that had me laughing my arse off through 90% of it :D
The climax is a bit crap, but the rest of it gets a massive thumbs up from me.

If you're the type of person that can't deal with silly films and has to go all 'Mark Kermode', then this isn't for you :)

Pacific Rim

I approached this with the idea that I could just deal with whatever crapness there was because it featured giant robots fighting giant monsters.
I'm afraid I couldn't deal with it, unfortunately. It was crap.

As others have said, why couldn't they use their swords and stuff in the first place?
Why are jet pilots stupid enough to use machine guns and then fly straight into the monsters rather than dropping some laser guided bunker busting goodness from the heavens?
Why do robots need to punch them and then use a big gun or something?
Why does that Christian Slater looking scientist need to shout every one of his annoying lines?
Why couldn't they get some actual Australians?

There's more, but I CBA :)

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
The Angel's Share - 8/10

Thought this was really good.. It was also nice to be able to identify some of the distilleries I've been to :p

Soldato
Hancock - 5/10

Had no idea what angle they were going to take with the whole superhero thing. Rather mundane was their choice.

The trouble with Will is that when he's on screen, I don't see the character, I just see Will Smith.

However, I then got to see the last half hour of Predator. Now that's a true classic of the action genre. :cool:

One

One

Soldato
Great film (you'd expect me to say that!). But the acting, story and message behind it is awesome. People really need to check it out.

Interestingly I only stumbled across it when I was looking at something to do with Glengoyne and it was mentioned. I personally love the phrase 'angel's share' and everything it stands for so set about watching the film as soon as I could.

It's a Ken Loach film so it's pretty gritty in places although i should say this is practically a comedy when compared to the grit of something like Kes :p

Something I want to ask you about the ending though Ahleckz:
Just after the auction the guy offers £200k doesn't he? Then when the deal is complete he says they've made £100k, did I miss something or did he mug off his mates (although he was well within his rights, they more or less just hindered him lol)

Soldato
Pacific Rim

Pretty decent visuals, everything else sucked. Story, soundtrack, acting, direction; felt like a straight-to-TV jobby in parts.

5/10

Soldato
Interestingly I only stumbled across it when I was looking at something to do with Glengoyne and it was mentioned. I personally love the phrase 'angel's share' and everything it stands for so set about watching the film as soon as I could.

It's a Ken Loach film so it's pretty gritty in places although i should say this is practically a comedy when compared to the grit of something like Kes :p

Something I want to ask you about the ending though Ahleckz:
Just after the auction the guy offers £200k doesn't he? Then when the deal is complete he says they've made £100k, did I miss something or did he mug off his mates (although he was well within his rights, they more or less just hindered him lol)
It's been a while since I saw it, but didn't a few of the bottles break or something which led the guy to sell the haul for less?

Soldato
Pacific Rim

Pretty decent visuals, everything else sucked. Story, soundtrack, acting, direction; felt like a straight-to-TV jobby in parts.

5/10

Pretty much this.

Were the father and son Australian or South African? I couldn't decide during the whole film :/

Caporegime
The Lone Ranger. Turned it off half way through. It was utter crap.

Depp in the costume stuff is so tired and the comedy was crap and the film didn't know what it was and the script crap and dull and crap

Back
Top Bottom