What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Shamelessly stolen from another forum but as I spend most of my time on Overclockers thought I would see if it gets going on here, unfortunately this isn't the most popular board but heres hoping. I'll start.

Last night I watched The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed, good mix of story, action, comedy etc very much a hollywood film but they cut a lot of the fluff and made it very streamlined and entertaining. It won't go down as a classic but definately an enjoyable experience. On the Blu-Ray side, picture is fantastic and the sound definately gets you immersed in the action scenes, notably the Hulk roar when he smashes out of the glass overpass and when he slaps his hands to put out the fire, had my mate and I smiling :)

So, what did you watch last night? (And feel free to give opinions).

Soldato
OP
Highlander, Highlander 2 and Showdown in Little Tokyo.

I knew it was terrible but watched 2 anyway, currently in the middle of 3, much better but still not as good as the original.

Showdown in Little Tokyo was good dumb fun though :D

Soldato
OP
300 Blu-Ray. Was sooo much grain really needed? :( Realise its for a 'effect' but must admit I am a big fan of the 'pristine' looking films. Still, great film (as long as you watch it on the big screen, watched it on a 14" portable once, just seemed gay).

P.S. Can't believe my thread has 1400 replies :p

Soldato
OP
Fellowship and Two Towers last night. RotK today.

Was annoyed though, 20 minutes from end of Fellowship got an email from Warner Bros about th blu-ray release in April!

I like the films but not THAT much, wish I had waited to watch them when they came out on blu-ray :p

Soldato
OP
Watched the Prestige again the other day. First time I watched it was half paying attention but still thought it was a good film.

Sat down and watched it all the way through and really enjoyed it, not a masterpiece but entertaining/well acted/good story etc

Mentioned above:

Observe and Report - Just thought Seth Rogen was creepy in that film.
The Boat that Rocked - Brilliant :D

Soldato
OP
Clash of the Titans, first 20 minutes seemed ok then it was just a zoom from one action scene to the next. It is not a great film and i'm still not convinced by Sam Worthington. Will happily watch again on Blu-Ray though as the action scenes were good and im a fan of Greek mythology in general.

Soldato
OP
Tombstone an entertaining western i hadnt seen before was a few glimpses of hollywood cheese but overall a very good film with a solid cast 8/10.
Was perfect after a few hours of red dead redemption :)

I've done Tombstone, Wyatt Earp and Unforgiven in the last week :p Red Dead got me in the mood.

Unforgiven > Wyatt Earp > Tombstone, although Unforgiven is a fair bit better the other 2 are quite close.

Also From Paris With Love as mentioned above, if you like those kind of films its fantastic, easy to watch, good action and John Travolta was great for me (I know a few reviews mentioned he's over the top), it was also a bit more serious than I thought, its definately not an action comedy, more of a serious action film with a bit of comedy thrown in at the right times. 8/10.

Soldato
OP
Salt, 7/8 outta 10. I saw all the twists coming but doesn't stop it from being well made, well acted and fast paced throughout so you can't get bored. Very well thought out set pieces and as said above, the balcony :D

Soldato
OP
Burke and Hare, dark british comedy with Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis as graverobbers.

7/10 definately worth a watch once for the amount of british stars in it and definately had its moments.

Soldato
OP
Suckerpunch and The Good, The Bad and The Weird.

Suckerpunch maybe 3/10, visually yes it is all very visual but the film is an absolute mess, only giving it a 3 as my friends and I 'bumped' into Jena Malone a few years ago in New York lol

Good, Bad and Weird 7/10 not a huge fan of subtitled films but this really did stand out, cinematography, action and humour. When The Weird is wearing the deep sea diving helmet couldn't stop laughing :D

Soldato
OP
Fast Five 8/10 - Was very impressed, didn't like the previous one but thought this was very well paced and the Rock vs Vin Diesel fight was worth the wait :D

Also

The Hunted - 2003 I think, Benicio Del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones, 7.5/10 the film as a whole has a few flaws but the fight scenes seem very ahead of their time and are very well done, Del Toro plays the delusional part pretty well but I think that might just be his general character anyway lol

Soldato
OP
Hangover 2 - 6/10 I liked the first one but never found it as good as it was made out. Part 2 is more of the same, but with most of the originality gone, however it is still funny in general. As everyone said, if you liked th first you will probably find the second 'ok' at least.

Green Zone - 7/10 Well done but forgettable Jason Bourne spinoff :p

Soldato
OP
Have watched a few over the weekend,

Get Him to the Greek - 8/10 It's my kind of humour, and although I never really was that interested in Russell Brand's TV shows and standup I do like his comedy translated into films and Jonah Hill is always good.
Hot Fuzz - 8/10 Better than I remembered, had been watching some of the Pegg/Nick Frost films lately and have tuned to their particular humour a bit more.
Run Fatboy Run - 6.5/10 Only saw it the once years ago, forgot that its quite a heartfelt film but had its moments.
Transporter - 7.5/10 Its no classic but what it does it does well and some of the action scenes still seem very original.
Point Break - 7/10 Some memorable moments, characters and action scenes. (This was watched due to Hot Fuzz :D).

Soldato
OP
Watched Good Will Hunting for the first time in a year or two. Very good film, well written (I swear Kevin Smith did have SOME input into the dialogue, unless Affleck and Damon have made their style from his) and all the actors fit their roles perfectly. I would say a couple of lines of dialogue are a bit cringeworthy nowadays and the story is fairly by the numbers but just done very well.

Also couldn't help but remember Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season :p

Back
Top Bottom