Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Technically (I am a tax adviser, so when I say "technically" I mean "dear goodness, this is boring") you can't put money into the scheme. Some retailers will let you do it and will then commit tax fraud by putting down £1k on the forms for a £1500 bike, but you're kinda off the map at that point.

Soldato
Strava seems to be knocking off bits of my rides today, my commute was 2 miles shorter and tonights group ride was 21m at 22mph, Strava reckons 18m at 18mph.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Edit - uploaded to Endomondo then exported back out to Strava and seems ok now.

"Strava needs a polish" is a good tool for fixing data.

Associate
Technically (I am a tax adviser, so when I say "technically" I mean "dear goodness, this is boring") you can't put money into the scheme. Some retailers will let you do it and will then commit tax fraud by putting down £1k on the forms for a £1500 bike, but you're kinda off the map at that point.

Okay, thanks.

Mmmmm, guess I will have to have a re-think on the bike then. Not going to buy one at under the £1000 if it isn't the bike I want.

Just throwing it out there, can't they be honest and say the bike is £1500 but only £1000 is going through the scheme?

Man of Honour
Okay, thanks.

Mmmmm, guess I will have to have a re-think on the bike then. Not going to buy one at under the £1000 if it isn't the bike I want.

Just throwing it out there, can't they be honest and say the bike is £1500 but only £1000 is going through the scheme?

I've bought two (soon to be three) bikes where the cost was over £1k. As above, it might technically be dodgy (though the rules I think have relaxed in the last year...maybe) but it happens a fair bit and there are no issues with it. Go for the bike you want :)

Caporegime
damn north east has biblical rain , all I need is a water heater and some airjets and I could turn my balcony into a hot tub.

btw last night I realised before going to bed I put my address wrong on my chain ring bolts order lol....

the only options on the dpd website to change it/leave with a neighbour or stupid dropdowns that have the address even more wrong :|

sigh.....

lets hope he can find me from the house number and post code....

instead of

XXX
XXXX court
XXXXX street.

I put
XXX
XXXX street lol.....

amazing dispatch speed from evanscycles though as I only ordered around 2:15pm

EDIT: YAY dpd guy found me :D
my new chain ring bolts seem to have almost twice as thick a back face than the ones my bike came with as well :D so I guess these won't break as easy and they are red

Last edited:
Soldato
Gone from super hot to freezing cold in the mornings! Missed my ride today as had no winter gear with me, rollers after work in the warm, felt good.

Try to get a road ride in tomorrow morning before work then race Sunday.

Soldato
Not enjoying this weather, it's warm but crazy windy and the country lanes are lethal due to being slippery from overnight rain and covered in fallen leaves :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom