• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Permabanned
No they won't be dropping further, that card will going up and won't be £399 again, our new stock cost more than the stock we wrote down using NVIDIA protection money.

So if you think its going to get cheaper, you are wrong.

Well maybe that card won't drop but others will, we still have GTX 780 Ti and R9 290 launch to come yet.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well maybe that card won't drop but others will, we still have GTX 780 Ti and R9 290 launch to come yet.

No they won't.

We know a lot more than you do. ;)

780Ti is at a new high price point.

R290 Pro pricing is yet to be decided and whatever AMD do, NVIDIA need to do nothing, their sales are too strong and even if R290 was as a low as £330, NVIDIA sales would be un-affected.

Caporegime
No they won't.

R290 Pro pricing is yet to be decided and whatever AMD do, NVIDIA need to do nothing, their sales are too strong and even if R290 was as a low as £330, NVIDIA sales would be un-affected.

"780Ti is at a new high price point." that doesn't sound good.

Soldato

My understanding is that if a retailer buys price protected stock and then the manufacturer slashes the price then the manufacturer refunds the difference to the retailer to allow them to sell that item at the new price without making a big loss.

In this case I *believe* what has happened is that Nvidia have given OcUK the difference on their stock of GTX780's but Nvidia haven't given Inno3D as good a deal, and so the new cards at the new price (to OcUK) cost more than the old ones did minus the Nvidia protection money.

I could be way off on that ofc, just how I thought it to work.

Soldato
NOM NOM :D

DSC_3900_zps6cb8bdb1.jpg

DSC_3902_zps3ba8e801.jpg

DSC_3916_zps4e8b74d2.jpg

I think I've just uploaded the first ever 'amateur' pictures of that card. I couldn't find a single one before ordering. :confused:

Soldato
No they won't.

Do you think prices will fall much by the time we get to the January sales? Thats the sort of time I'm probably going to be buying a new card.

There is already an Austrian site selling the 780 for €350, and that price includes the 20% VAT of Austria, so that at least gives me hope that there will be some more price drops along the way

OcUK Staff
OP
Do you think prices will fall much by the time we get to the January sales? Thats the sort of time I'm probably going to be buying a new card.

There is already an Austrian site selling the 780 for €350, and that price includes the 20% VAT of Austria, so that at least gives me hope that there will be some more price drops along the way

We have no idea.

We can't predict the exchange rate then or if AMD or NVIDIA will make any more official price drops. Or whether any board partners will have any overstocks or slow moving lines to shift.

Permabanned
No they won't.

We will see, I know another site that has the Pny GTX 780 for bang on £400 and that's 1GHz+ with stock.

Sadly I can't find any reviews for that card.

Back
Top Bottom