If you don't have Facebook you don't exist... virtually

Soldato
i Know you are, although cant understand why, amazon came up in the OP.
And everything you quoted was about amazon.

My bad. Still apt though because Amazon do the same thing.

How does it apply to amazon. :confused:

Granted it's not personal information that's input to the site, but it's adverts based on sales information (rather than personal) thats associated with an account that they advertise to, like facebook.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Granted it's not personal information that's input to the site, but it's adverts based on sales information (rather than personal) thats associated with an account that they advertise to, like facebook.

Where do they advertise, there is no adverts on amazon, it s not remotely the same.
Suggesting products they sale, is in no way advertising third parties.

Soldato
Where do they advertise, there is no adverts on amazon, it s not remotely the same.
Suggesting products they sale, is in no way advertising third parties.

They sell products for third parties, which they do suggest and probably take a cut from both ends. From listing the product and from the sale itself. Hell they even sell used products and suggest them to users if they don't have it new.

Man of Honour
Because people would rather be fat and sit in their houses and have everything come to them rather than going out to get it. And in doing so they've killed the high street.

Aha haha,
Yeah i would rather drive into town, which costs money and restricted to hours most people are working. To then pay for parking, to then not find what I want as high streets are not diverse, to then pay more for the same item, if I've found said item. Let alone people with out transport or only motorbikes, trying to carry said items back.

But no no its all about laziness.

Man of Honour
They sell products for third parties, which they do suggest and probably take a cut from both ends. From listing the product and from the sale itself. Hell they even sell used products and suggest them to users if they don't have it new.

This isnt remotely the same as third part adverts. Or the details fb can have, assuming you fill it all in.

Soldato
This isnt remotely the same as third part adverts. Or the details fb can have, assuming you fill it all in.

How isn't it?

Amazon:

User A bought Terminator
User A must like Arnie Films
Suggest Arnie Films
Joebloggs has Arnie listed and paid for Total Recall listings
JoeBloggs DVDs sell Total Recall we can have a cut
Suggest JoeBloggs as a listing for Total Recall

Facebook:

User A likes Terminator
User A must like Arnie Films
Advertise Arnie films
Play.com sells Arnie DVDs and has paid for adverts
Play.com sells Total recall and we get a cut of the referral.
Advertise Play.com as a retailer for Total Recall

Granted its not exactly the same process or the same level of input of information from the user as I already acknowledged but the outcome is the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Do people actully buy stuff from Facebook related advertising?

I signed up a year or so ago and can honestly say I havent ever bought anything via Facebook advertising.

I was already anti-social before I joined up by the way - it didnt make me go like that.

Back
Top Bottom