***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
Everything youve said in here ToeJam echo's our thoughts on it, we killed UK22 at a time when it had been the UK number 1 and global number 3 dayz server for over 3 months because it became an untenable, thankless task. We never made a penny from it, it was fully privately funded but it was annihilated by constant targeted attackds both from skiddies and people raging about it on the Dayz forum. In the end we just pulled the plug on it because we no longer had the will to play it.

I had a long discussion with Jens about how much the lack of trust between hosts and devs was damaging the mod, I had never really experienced an attitude like it tbh and it created a community that was beyond paranoid. And as you say private hives were borne from that situation, the devs either didnt care or couldnt stop it so the people who could, did.

Standalone, in a years time will be no different.

Last edited:
Associate
does crossfire work with this yet?
im suffering from very poor frame rates

EDIT: Managed to get xfire to work but the frames are still **** poor

Last edited:
Caporegime
if it was paranoia why did rocket change it :p

it is mainly a thankless task running servers and one of the reasons i dont do it anymore. its like a fulltime job. especially if you busy. thing is there is doing it for the fun and love of it and doing it for the money side of it.

now the money is being taken away or will be then you going to see some gripe. ive said this from 6 months plus now and now its happening people are acting suprised :)

if you run a good group and its well managed then youll get donations and hopefully enough to cover your costs. if you run a bad server and arent then you going to fold or give up.

thing is look at this from a players point of view

no more buying load out !
no more admin watching round map (telling others on teamspeak where loot is or players )
no more giving vehicles to group who own servers or spawning stuff in.

its just made the avg joe feel free to roam around again and play fairly. so overall its better for us players just not financially for groups ! ;)

thing is groups shouldnt of been able to sell gear in first place so id feel lucky that selling loadouts as donations helped make some groups large and build clans. now its over, time to do it the old fasioned way of hard work and well run servers ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I bet local shops sold out of tissues in the Notts area on Monday ;)

I'll get this game at some point, but I can't just now as I've no room on the HD for it. Can you buy it now but install it in a few weeks time?

its steam based so yet buy it just dont install it it isnt that big anyway.

Soldato
I was trying to get this to run on both my 290's. I selected to use the crossfire profile for arma2OA.exe because thats the only arma one listed. When I loaded the game, it took ages to get onto the menu and the game colours (and ab overlay colours) were flashing and changing. Any ideas?

Soldato
Good session tonight. Only 1 act of banditry* (caught on Toejams helmet cam) compared to saving 1 life and helping another with our supply of antibiotics.

*Please note that I was not one of the guys firing like Johnny Rambo at that poor sod (at first)! I think you guys spent over 100 rounds of 5.56 and still managed to miss him!

Caporegime
Don't mess with a Woman who has PMT!

Day_Z_2013_12_19_21_47_24_137.jpg

Soldato
Good session tonight. Only 1 act of banditry* (caught on Toejams helmet cam) compared to saving 1 life and helping another with our supply of antibiotics.

*Please note that I was not one of the guys firing like Johnny Rambo at that poor sod (at first)! I think you guys spent over 100 rounds of 5.56 and still managed to miss him!

Stop it, goddam can't believe I cannot play until tomorrow night earliest..

Ps

Did you get my trust message?

Back
Top Bottom