This is why we don't allow medical threads

Associate
I don't get how that is worse than a surgeon just hacking a chunk out of your face then blasting you with radiation or chemo?

I haven't read the whole thread either, but she had a BCC which is a benign cancer that doesn't metastasise. The mohs surgery she was suggested removes it so it won't get bigger and become locally destructive, but she wouldn't then need any further treatment. The whole purpose of the mohs surgery is to only remove the absolute bare minimum that fully removes the BCC, so is very non invasive for a surgical procedure. The pictures of what she went through are frankly horrifying for a benign condition

Soldato
The clue is in the description, "benign". Jesus... it's like nuking a town because one house has a bunch of psycho murderers living in it.

Let's be honest, that kind of thread makes you grateful to have the NHS. People self-medicating and getting it horribly wrong because they are scared of medical bills is quite depressing. I've heard plenty of people bleat about how great the USA is but I can't say I'm not happy I was born in a place where we have free healthcare. Even if you have insurance over there, you're at the mercy of the insurance company deciding how much of the bill they actually want to pay.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't read the whole thread either, but she had a BCC which is a benign cancer that doesn't metastasise. The mohs surgery she was suggested removes it so it won't get bigger and become locally destructive, but she wouldn't then need any further treatment. The whole purpose of the mohs surgery is to only remove the absolute bare minimum that fully removes the BCC, so is very non invasive for a surgical procedure. The pictures of what she went through are frankly horrifying for a benign condition

If you look at her "before" picture the line under her nostril is a scar from previous mohs surgery.

Associate
Because it does target healthy ski as evi. nce by the numerous idiots that have dissolved their faces? A surgeon would excise the tumour doing minimal damage to surrounding tissue and then do any necessary reconstruction.

Well I'm not sure on that, plenty of people (like the guy in thevideo) have applied it to both healthy and diseased skin, the girl in question even tested it herself elsewhere to begin with and there was no reaction.
I remain to be convinced either way, maybe this treatment does have a place alongside other methods, just maybe not in her particular case.

Associate
But why do they think Black Salve will make your body magically attack the cancer?

"Since cancer cell membranes contain chitin just like fungi cell membranes, but normal human cells don't, and chitin is closely related to cellulose, and zinc chloride is corrosive to cellulose, if it's also corrosive to chitin, as I believe, it would explain the ability of zinc chloride to break through cancer cell walls without harming normal cells."

Permabanned
I think more investigation is necessary with this stuff.

In some peoples cases, you can CLEARLY see its attacked the mole and left the skin around it free.

So many people have seemingly applied it in a responsible manner, and its worked for them, and their mole/whatever has died and fallen off, and once healed its invisible.

Its a bit much to write it off on the basis of some utter moron applying half a tub off this corrosive stuff all over her nose.

Bloodroot has been used for centuries for this type of thing, so I think there is something to it, but the corrosive Zinc component of that girls particular "treatment" is a bit baffling.

Permabanned
And he's right, this is why medical threads are over zealously moderated as someone so carefully pointed out - and will keep being over zealously moderated as we have a perfectly good health service in this country, whether you like it or not, will offer you better advice than here.

If you REALLY want online advice, sign on to medical forums.
Or just take Black Salve. That stuff is MAGIC.

Caporegime
I couldn't cope with those massive swollen looking scabs never mind finding out what's underneath is a giant hole

If it turned out one day I could breathe through the top of my nose through a puss-filled scab my first reaction wouldn't be "TO THE INTERNET!".

Caporegime
It just seems to be me then that opened the link looking for a good laugh at quacks and their alternative medicine nonsense and actually found something quite interesting.

I've not finished reading the thread, but a biopsy had confirmed she had cancer in her nose. That black salve stuff seems to attack cancer cells, and the whole lot is then pushed out by the immune system.

Black salve contains zinc chloride, zinc chloride forms hydrochloric acid when dissolved in water, so yes it will attack cancer cells, along with corroding any other cells it comes into contact with and burning your skin off...

Caporegime
I think more investigation is necessary with this stuff.

In some peoples cases, you can CLEARLY see its attacked the mole and left the skin around it free.

So many people have seemingly applied it in a responsible manner, and its worked for them, and their mole/whatever has died and fallen off, and once healed its invisible.

this isn't some newly discovered wonder cure, its been around for a while...

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Well I'm not sure on that, plenty of people (like the guy in thevideo) have applied it to both healthy and diseased skin, the girl in question even tested it herself elsewhere to begin with and there was no reaction.
I remain to be convinced either way, maybe this treatment does have a place alongside other methods, just maybe not in her particular case.

"Since cancer cell membranes contain chitin just like fungi cell membranes, but normal human cells don't, and chitin is closely related to cellulose, and zinc chloride is corrosive to cellulose, if it's also corrosive to chitin, as I believe, it would explain the ability of zinc chloride to break through cancer cell walls without harming normal cells."

That sounds like utterly non-factual medical quackery to me.

Permabanned
Black salve contains zinc chloride, zinc chloride forms hydrochloric acid when dissolved in water, so yes it will attack cancer cells, along with corroding any other cells it comes into contact with and burning your skin off...

Probably not a good idea to swallow zinc chloride batteries either.

Caporegime
Probably not a good idea to swallow zinc chloride batteries either.

That's certainly a random comment. Zinc batteries don't contain a hazardous amount of ZnCl and it's protected inside the battery. You need a fairly high amount to create a hazardous HCl concentration, concentrations of up to 1% are actually used in mouthwash. Of course in the stomach, hydrochloric acid is naturally present anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom