Xperia Z1 Compact... finally the holy grail for "normal sized" phone enthusiasts?

Soldato
Any rumors of a 32gb version? Thats only thing stopping me from being interested, I don't understand the guys who design these things sometimes, why would anyone with half a braincell put all that horsepower in a phone then nerf the thing with low storage so you haven't enough room to run the apps that will actually use it?

Caporegime
OP
Any rumors of a 32gb version? Thats only thing stopping me from being interested, I don't understand the guys who design these things sometimes, why would anyone with half a braincell put all that horsepower in a phone then nerf the thing with low storage so you haven't enough room to run the apps that will actually use it?

Umm... it has a Micro SD slot. ;)

Soldato
Soldato
I have games that take 1-2gb each and can't use the SD slot.

Android storage does my head in but many games/apps can store large data files on the SDcard partition? Some even give you the option when installing.
Plus all your music, photos and videos will be stored on the SDCard leaving internal space just for apps, I'd be v.happy with 16GB eMMC and a SDCard slot in the current climate :(

Caporegime
OP
Messing around like this is annoying. If this phone had 32gb it would be an instant buy for me, this one detail makes it a no buy.

It's very easy to root a phone and move apps to SD card... and very easy to reverse the process and unroot if necessary... it's certainly not a reason not to buy a phone you would otherwise love.

Soldato
It's very easy to root a phone and move apps to SD card... and very easy to reverse the process and unroot if necessary... it's certainly not a reason not to buy a phone you would otherwise love.

Its not easy to watch Sky Go when you do that though.

Android storage does my head in but many games/apps can store large data files on the SDcard partition? Some even give you the option when installing.
Plus all your music, photos and videos will be stored on the SDCard leaving internal space just for apps, I'd be v.happy with 16GB eMMC and a SDCard slot in the current climate :(

Do they? I don't think I've ever been given the option! It would change my thinking if a lot if they did. Does GTA San Andreas for instance?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, having read that review, I think I might have my new phone decided for this year. I always liked the xperia design language but was very put off with the Z1's lacklustre screen.

Does anyone know if there is a "Z2" due to come out soon?

Back
Top Bottom