Embarrassing Gamer Confessions

Soldato
About 15 years ago, I turned down a date with a really nice girl because I wanted to go home and play EverQuest. She asked me out twice more and both times I made excuses and skulked off home to pretend to be a Half-Elf Ranger instead of having fun times with a real person.

I wish I could go back in time and slap myself in the face sometimes :D
Mind you, I imagine younger me could probably beat up current day me.... I think I'd just rip the internet cable out of the back of younger me's PC and then run away like a little girl.

Soldato
I used to knock one off to the lady on the Barbarian box art

barbarian-amiga-box1.jpg

Soldato
Can't put my finger on why, but I enjoyed playing TF2 on Xbox more than on PC

I built a gaming PC in 2002, which I wasted by almost exclusively using it to play GTA3, Vice City, and (for most of the time) Champ Manager. By the time I got bored of CM, and wanted to play real games, my Geforce 3 was obsolete (circa 2007)

Soldato
i have ~200 hours logged on farming simulator 2013

Ultimate respect bro :D

I like how this thread is just "I don't like Half Life 2 and I spent too long in WoW" :)

Personally, I've never played a Final Fantasy game. And to keep the spirit going, I've never completed Half Life 2 (although I did force myself to play it for a couple hours).

Does anyone else feel like games can become like homework? An ultimate chore, just to get it off the 'to play' list :p

Soldato
Ultimate respect bro :D

Does anyone else feel like games can become like homework? An ultimate chore, just to get it off the 'to play' list :p

This never happens to me - there's so much to choose from, new or old, and so little time. I rarely buy something without knowing exactly what I'm getting. Furthermore, I don't play to "finish" the game, I do so for entertainment and sometimes the game becomes boring before the ending, at which point I just stop playing and move on.

As for a confession, I carry a fast, light portable HDD with me pretty much everywhere during my free time and it contains most of my games library. You never know when you bump into a useable PC away from home!

Soldato
Whilst everyone else seemed to rave on about it, I found the intro sequence to HL1 literally the most tedious start to a game ever. I've never actually played much past it as by the time I'd got off the train, I was pretty much too annoyed to continue playing.

Associate
Not very good confessions, but

1, Never completed Myst
2, Never played HL1 or 2
3, Played 3/4 hours of ME1, gave up and never played 2 or 3 (Except multiplayer)

Ducking and Running away now :)

Associate
1. Wasted my childhood on WoW. Got Rank 11 on 2 characters. My grades suffered.

2. I haven't played a lot of the classics, despite owning them on Steam. System Shock 2, Thief, Deus Ex (only ~30 mins a long time ago), Stalker etc

3. I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator 2 occasionally. Only for an hour or 2 a session though, it's very chill :p

Last edited:
Soldato
This never happens to me - there's so much to choose from, new or old, and so little time. I rarely buy something without knowing exactly what I'm getting. Furthermore, I don't play to "finish" the game, I do so for entertainment and sometimes the game becomes boring before the ending, at which point I just stop playing and move on.

Yeah I guess it's become a bit like OCD with having games finished. It may also be me feeling guilty for buying loads of games that I don't have much time to play.

Associate
Around two or three years ago, I was playing online for the first time with the game. I can't remember the game, but I think it was some kind of first person shooter. I could hear others talking between themselves as we played online. Anyway, after playing a while, I let off the most enormous fart and was greeted by a host of players online asking who farted.

I had no idea my webcam was sending audio, and actually found myself apologising to everybody.

Soldato
Are people genuinely embarrassed by their posts in this thread? I mean, if not playing Half-Life, or enjoying Mass Effect 3 or preferring one game over another embarrasses you, then you're a little weird.

For those who admit playing with themselves over video-game characters, you are really getting into the spirit of things... seemingly a common occurrence for you :D

Soldato
Are people genuinely embarrassed by their posts in this thread? I mean, if not playing Half-Life, or enjoying Mass Effect 3 or preferring one game over another embarrasses you, then you're a little weird.

For those who admit playing with themselves over video-game characters, you are really getting into the spirit of things... seemingly a common occurrence for you :D

Half-Life and, to a much lesser extent, Mass Effect were important stepping stones in the gaming industry. A gamer who doesn't know what Half-Life is or didn't enjoy it is similar to a cinephile who doesn't know what Citizen Kane is or didn't enjoy it. There's nothing weird about it.

Associate
Used to skip uni to go home and play need for speed porsche unleashed - used to love the modding aspect !

Used to go home and play loads of games at lunch time !

Tried world of warcraft - probably the MOST embarrass story of my life !

Back
Top Bottom